New Aussie member, LastBattlestar!

Tell us about yourself. Post about yourself, your collection, builds or what you hope to collect, build.
LastBattlestar
Centurion

New Aussie member, LastBattlestar!

Post by LastBattlestar » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:03 am

Hi everyone, I've just joined up here and thought I'd briefly introduce myself. Many of you will know me from the modelling forums Starship Modeler, Resin Illuminati and Studio Scale Modelers, but in reality I've been around the Galactica scene since the late 90's. I began my studio scale Galactica around 1998 after getting to know fellow Aussie Brad Gaffy, Charles Adams and the grand daddy G-builder Jim Creveling way back then. It's been nearly 12 years and dozens of modifications, but the end is in sight. I'll post a thread in the Models forum so you can follow my progress, but I've also built other large studio scale models including the Aliens APC, SW B wing, Cylon Raider, Colonial Movers, SW Moldy Crow and other original works.

Here she is:

In addition to my hello, please check out my G-build movie on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFsZ_3BJ ... t_received

Mike :salute:
Attachments
gal7.jpg

'Helm, make ready to move. Flank speed and fuel be damned!'

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Re: New Aussie member, LastBattlestar!

Post by Cylon-Knight » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:51 am

LastBattlestar - WELCOME! Your Galactica is perfect. Wonderful work!

Glad to have another Aussie member, Brad is on this forum too. I've talked to him on the phone - great guy. dbhs is also here (both he and Brad are on Studio Scale Modelers - that I'm on forum too... hoping to learn from all you master SS builders ;)).

Thanks for sharing the photo of your Battlestar! WOW - if you have more I'd happily post them up to our Gallery - http://www.byyourcommand.net/cylongallery
Be sure to visit the Gallery and check out all the great BSG stuff - your builds would be a wonderful addition if you'd want to forward me images to post.

Looking forward to seeing more of your builds - BSG and nonBSG are both welcome here - post up some pics, everyone would love to see them.

Enjoy the site and post often!
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:13 am

Last Battlestar welcome on board. I have seen some of your posting in the past on the other forums mentioned. as over there, as here awesome build. Brad is one cool guy that is very focused on getting the job in hand done. Spoke with Brad many times also. I love how your photo show has brought into the BSG world a touch of that other space saga called Star Wars.
Any plans on building a Baseship?
Welcome on board, and can't wait to see or hear more about your other projects, and upgrades to the Big G. :cylongold:

cyberpred
Citizen

Post by cyberpred » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:42 pm

Nice!!!

Cary :cylon:
Image[img]

Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin

Post by Red Eye » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:53 pm

Glad you finally made it to the forum at BYC!

I've seen your Battlestar building report on Resin Illuminati and was simply blown away! :wtf:

I hope we're able to see your COMPLETED Battlestar very soon! :wink:

Keep up the brilliant work!
"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

LastBattlestar
Centurion

Post by LastBattlestar » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:48 am

Hey, thanks guys, I appreciate the welcome and kind comments! The Galactica, yeah, she's been a life mission to build, over a quarter of my years on this planet in fact. Heck, it's almost 12 years on the bench now. :shock: In fact, there's another super-precise Battlestar being built here in Adelaide by a good buddy of mine that will blow mine out of the water in all aspects, but that's the curse of beginning mine so long ago with almost zero reference.

Yes, I know Brad- I've had some kind hospitality at his place a couple of times. Dougie too- he's a good buddy on the boards.

Question: I have quite a few build threads posted at RI that would take me days to recreate here. Is it OK to direct link from here so that you guys can check them out. Not sure if that's frowned upon, so thought I'd ask first. :angel:

Mike

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:07 am

Link away.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:25 am

Yes, Link it up LastBattlestar no problem.
Only if we need a membership there... I don't have one. Are the threads public?

dbhs
Raider Commander

Post by dbhs » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:08 pm

Hey Mike !

Good to see you joined up. A great group of guys here at BYC. When you have time maybe you could post a couple of pics of your finished builds in the modeling section. The SS builds are incredible but your custom B-wing blows me away.

-Doug

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:21 pm

LastBattlestar or dbhs... where are the "Raider parts" on the Big G? Could you post a pic maybe? I know that the Raider and even the U.S.S. Enterprise on on the G... so neat.

dbhs
Raider Commander

Post by dbhs » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:10 pm

I think the Raider parts is the bottom fuselage shape from the raider. I might have a pic at home but Mike would know in more detail. I remember seeing ref images of a bunch of other odd bits on there. I think a marker pen cap and a metal bottle cap. A tiny enterprise wouldn't surprise me but I don't think I've seen that one.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:40 pm

...I thought it was part of the Enterprise warp engines or something... I'm not sure.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:00 pm

That bote cap in my eyes was always a Michalob beer. Since I have seen plenty of empties of Mich in the building the Big G photos

Starbuck
Raider Gunner

Post by Starbuck » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:06 pm

I join the others in saying Welcome! Also your Galactica is INCREDIBLE! :salute:

I too, would also love to see pics of the Cylon Raider model that you menchaned.... It must be SPECTACULAR!!!
"Hot pilot doesn't need all that electronic felgercarb."

LastBattlestar
Centurion

Post by LastBattlestar » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:12 am

Thanks guys. The Raider is on my repaint list, especially after seeing Doug's latest update. :shock: It's been too hot up in my hobby room this summer, so the hobby gets neglected for a few months each year.

The Raider parts mentioned on the Galactica are the two large intake ducts on the bottom. If you look under the Galactica's engine section, they are plainly visible in front of four big Saturn 5 rocket 3rd stage halves. I figured that the Apogee guys had plenty of castings around the shop, so just glued half a Cylon fighter under there to beef up the detail. There are so many cool little in-jokes built into those big FX miniatures like the toy soldier on the Super Star Destoyer, R2 on the CE3K mother ship etc.

Mike

Return to “Say Hi”