Hi from Liverpool across the pond

Tell us about yourself. Post about yourself, your collection, builds or what you hope to collect, build.
skarr
Centurion

Hi from Liverpool across the pond

Post by skarr » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:22 pm

Hi guy's my names Dave aka Skarr, been a big fan of all things sci fi since i can remember,last few years iv'e been building various props like Daleks,Halo armour and scratch building some stuff
thought this would be a good place to start gathering some info on Cylons ect as iv'e always had ideas about doing something bsg related and what better than a centurian
thank's for letting me in and i'll chip in as and when ever i can :smile:

I'LL BE BACK...

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Re: Hi from Liverpool across the pond

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:15 pm

Skarr welcome! Glad you've joined. Post up some pics of your past builds if youwant. Looking forward to seeing your Cylon build take shape.

Post often an enjoy the site.
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:11 pm

Hey welcome on board skarr, and would love to see some of your builds. The Who Dalek sounds very cool.

skarr
Centurion

Post by skarr » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:17 am

Thank's for the greeting guys,heres a pic of my Mastercheif armour still being worked on,in the pic i'm trying it out and have since made some alterations but still have a way to go
hope the pic works and is not to big for ya,i'll try and post some pics of me Daleks too
I'LL BE BACK...

skarr
Centurion

Post by skarr » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:18 am

Ok then here's a pic of Dalek Skarr my namesake,this was taken at the end of the night at an event in Leicester at the National space centre just prior to taking him apart to load into the trailer to go home
he is a 2005 series based on the dalek that was in the episode,,Dalek that was kept in a bunker beneath the Utah salt plains,it was tortured and had lots of damage,all the damage and paint detail is spot on to the original that does not exist any more and for that reason i rekon it's the only one of it's kind on this planet,iv'e not seen or heard of another
it was about a year building him as a standard bronze coloured Dalek then over a few months i got the jig saw out and started the conversion to what you can see now
i made grp moulds of almost everthing before the conversion and have made many Dalek parts for some of my buddies,to go back to the Halo stuff i loaned my moulds to a pal and he in return let me use his Halo moulds,i love working with resins and have many things on the go right now so i guess the work i have on will take a very long time to finish them all :lol:
I'LL BE BACK...

skarr
Centurion

Post by skarr » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:49 am

Here's a pic of my other Dalek named Skarrtoo,he is 100% spot on size and detail all grp (except for the neck section that is mdf or particle board) cast from my moulds,this is one of the pics i used for his showcase on the Project Dalek forum iv'e been a member of since 2007
the colour can be overpainted any time to make a standard Dalek,i only did white to have something different for a time,he has not been to any events yet and is still awaiting a power system being fitted and who knows when that's gonna happen :lol:
so this should give ya an idea about the kind of stuff i like doing
I'LL BE BACK...

nashslash
Flight Leader

Post by nashslash » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:49 am

Love the daleks, that was going to be my next project before i moved to thailand. Ive trooped at Leicester space center too, there may even be some of my pictures in the media section forum of this site.. i was a member of the 501st and several other costuming groups. I was Darth Vader and a Cylon... alas the luggage access was to much on the trip over so i sold them. If i return to the uk then ill buy or make a dalek tie n money permitting.
www.battlefield-online.net

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:20 am

WoW those look awesome, and that white snow bound Dalek really stands out to me a lot. Great job on the Halo guy, and to me that has been a very very slow on going project I should kick it up a notch of two and get back on it this winter. Great motivation photos for me.
Thanks for sharing them.
:cylongold: :salute:

skarr
Centurion

Post by skarr » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:17 am

GoldCylon wrote:WoW those look awesome, and that white snow bound Dalek really stands out to me a lot. Great job on the Halo guy, and to me that has been a very very slow on going project I should kick it up a notch of two and get back on it this winter. Great motivation photos for me.
Thanks for sharing them.
:cylongold: :salute:
No problem Dale,,we all like showing off from time to time,i could have loaded up loads of pics but thought lets just keep it simple and not go over the top if ya know what i mean i never in a million years thought i would ever be doing stuff like that but now i have i'm proud of what iv'e done
glad to be an inspiration to ya i'm flattered :blush:
I'LL BE BACK...

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:25 am

Post as much as you like, or as time allows. My server is a bit slow, but in exchange they have given me a way over the top ability of storage space, and I have a total usage of about 3% of drive space so no big deal on this end. Again good stuff. How about a few details on the Halo rifle and the build if you don't mind.

skarr
Centurion

Post by skarr » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:29 am

nashslash wrote:Love the daleks, that was going to be my next project before i moved to thailand. Ive trooped at Leicester space center too, there may even be some of my pictures in the media section forum of this site.. i was a member of the 501st and several other costuming groups. I was Darth Vader and a Cylon... alas the luggage access was to much on the trip over so i sold them. If i return to the uk then ill buy or make a dalek tie n money permitting.
Hi Nash iv'e been to the Space centre 3 times now over the last 3 years you never know we may have met if you were here then, have you ever been a member of Project Dalek or the Dalek builders guild,i don't use the name Skarr on the builders forums just David eh,that may ring a bell you never know
:)
I'LL BE BACK...

skarr
Centurion

Post by skarr » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:46 am

GoldCylon wrote:Post as much as you like, or as time allows. My server is a bit slow, but in exchange they have given me a way over the top ability of storage space, and I have a total usage of about 3% of drive space so no big deal on this end. Again good stuff. How about a few details on the Halo rifle and the build if you don't mind.
I could put something up some time Dale, this is still a wip on another forum i'm with Called The Galactic knights,they are a costume group that cover almost everything but are a Star Wars oriented group,so youv'e guessed it iv'e got a Stormtrooper on the go too :lol:
i'll try and sort something brief and post it in the correct section
I'LL BE BACK...

nashslash
Flight Leader

Post by nashslash » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:52 am

I have met and chatted with several of the dalek guys. Down at London film and comic con and there was a big dalek attendance at mem eerrrmm i think november 2009 where i chatted to them there too. Yea im a member of project too and have even got my manual... defiantly a project for the future though. Don
www.battlefield-online.net

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:06 am

Great stuff skarr... what sort of electronics does a Mastercheif have? I can see the light, and thing else?
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:24 pm

I am pretty sure they have just the helmet light, but then upgrades on a suit I haven't seen before would be cool.

Return to “Say Hi”