Hello From Arkansas

Tell us about yourself. Post about yourself, your collection, builds or what you hope to collect, build.
Vagabond
Banned User

Hello From Arkansas

Post by Vagabond » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:10 pm

Hi Everyone, I ran into Mardikrewe at Dragon*Con this year where we talked for a bit and after talking to him I just remembered the website he told me then so I joined today. My job in real life is that I work with my brother that me and him run a paint and chroming shop, so anyone here that needs chroming work in the future I'm sure I can drag up some photos of past work. I am also one of the highest respected pepakura artists out there I have done over 300 pepakura files, and if I can ever find a good enough 3D Cylon it's next. Looking foward to being here for a while and hope to own a cylon in the future. :cylon:

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Re: Hello From Arkansas

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:41 pm

Hello and welcome Vagabond!

Mardikrewe is one of our awesome members, yep. Cool that you two saw each other at the con. And being that you can chrome - wow! You do plastic right?

Hope you enjoy the site - post often! Any technical questions/issues give me a shout.
:byyourcommand:
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Vagabond
Banned User

Post by Vagabond » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:00 pm

Yes I can do plastic and metal chroming. I also forgot to add a few things to that begining message. I belong to over 30 fan groups and sites, the easiest way to find me is by looking for the name Vagabond or Nintendude among fan sites like the 405th or RPF for instance. I also run a pepakura website http://pepakuracollection.wikia.com

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:33 pm

THIRTY SITES!? :shock: *Falls down, hits head, says three bad words* ;)
I have trouble keeping up with four sites. *bows down*

Okay, so, someone has to ask... What would you charge to chrome a Cylon suit of armor?
Here are some photos I've taken of my build... should give you a good overview of what is included and the size.
Whatever is white plastic needs to be chromed...
ImageImage
(Other photos taken at the same time can be found here. A few other angles of the same "Franken-Cylon")

I've been lurking on pepakura for some time... is it easy for a total beginner to get anything good going?

Vagabond
Banned User

Post by Vagabond » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:43 pm

Let me talk to my brother about it but I'm sure it will be pretty low about 200 to do all the parts as long as you can do the shipping to and from, but that is just a guess. He was doing that much cheaper at one time but unfortunatly where he get his materials from has gone up in price. He uses Cosmichrome to do the plastic with.
EDIT: Oops forgot to mention about the pepakura thing, it depends on the difficulty of the model it's sort of like origami and paint by number mixed otgether you cut out the pieces, fold it exactly on the lines, match up the numbers glue a tab to the underside of the corresponding number once the paper has been fully assembled it can be resined, fiberglassed, bondo or rondoed, sanded and painted. If you are on Facebook look for John Wieger and you'll see my first pepakura suit. Also how much did that Cylon armor run you?

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:53 pm

Cool news on the price.

pepakura, I'll have to give it a try!

Cost, well that's sorta a running tab deal - bit by bit, etc. ... I expect to have my build ring in around 2K. (Guessing)

Return to “Say Hi”