Hello from Texas

Tell us about yourself. Post about yourself, your collection, builds or what you hope to collect, build.
martsl
Spare Parts

Hello from Texas

Post by martsl » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:31 am

Hello,

I simply wanted to say hello from Texas and take a minute to thank everyone who has taken time to contribute to this site. I am very impressed with the information provided here and am very much looking forward to working on my first build.

I am new to both costuming and armor building. I have talked with my neighbor for years about building some storm trooper gear but the idea of building a cylon is truly exciting. Battlestar Galactia was by far my favorite show growing up.

I will be purchasing an armor kit soon but I am trying to minimize wasted time and money by doing some extra research on the front end. In the mean time I am trying to get a feel for the actual scope of the process I am about to start.

Scott

GoldCylon
Founder

Re: Hello from Texas

Post by GoldCylon » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:11 pm

Hey Scott, thank you from the board of directors of the site. There are 3 of us that watch over here, and we are all fans of the show in a big way,and well the Cylon's. We can't wait to see how your suit comes about, and watch it grow. Keep us in the loop how it goes from the purchase and everything up till the time you suit up. Thanks for joining, and helping our sight grow. :cylongold:

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:31 pm

Scott, welcome! ^I second what GoldCylon said^

If you have any technical questions with the site, ask me and I'll be glad to help. If you need any Cylon info post up a thread and the masses of experts here will be happy to help with the answer. And indeed, we'd all love to see your build as it goes. Keep us posted and get a camera to take MANY LOTS OF PHOTOS :)

First things first... (Guessing by Cylon you mean a Centurion)... SO... what are you going to build?
Centurion -or- Command Centurion?

Post often and enjoy the site.
:byyourcommand:
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

martsl
Spare Parts

Post by martsl » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:09 pm

Cylon-Knight your post reminds me of a conversation I once had about the difference between compensation and mitigation (off topic / boring story) and the importance of getting my terminology straight.

My goal is to build a respectable Centurion and see where it goes from there. I need to stay focused because I am already dreaming of system upgrades and I don

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:16 pm

Cylon-Knight votes for styrene, hands down.
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

sean
Flight Leader

Post by sean » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:48 pm

The black rows are one piece of pvc cut in half and then there are slits cut into that.and its glued to the fore stock of the rifle that is rounded on the bottom for the other half of the clear tube.
joined with glue.then the clear tube just slides into the two parts glued together.the top is just two panels of wood glued together.one that fits the top of the rifle the other inside part just fits the space inside the box......

Return to “Say Hi”