Eye Scanner

Tips, tricks, inside secrets, help, sources, items used on making the Cylon Centurion suit to wear. Tell us your story, how you came about collecting your parts to a Centurion, or if you own a complete Centurion costume.
GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:16 pm

Galactifan wrote:
I have one Cylon eye circuit designed by Chris Pappas. It is THE best eye out there and is designed EXACTLY like the ones on the tv series.
I have to say Chris has done some great work in research, and making almost near 1:1 copies of the original, believes they aren't in most cases 1:1 copies, for a reason, but anyway I'll give Chris credit for making an other copy of the eye scanner, not making the design. Maybe I am nick picking, but I want to make sure that it is known that he didn't design it, he just made a copy of an original one.

Galactifan
Flight Leader

Post by Galactifan » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:26 pm

GoldCylon wrote:
Galactifan wrote:
I have one Cylon eye circuit designed by Chris Pappas. It is THE best eye out there and is designed EXACTLY like the ones on the tv series.
I have to say Chris has done some great work in research, and making almost near 1:1 copies of the original, believes they aren't in most cases 1:1 copies, for a reason, but anyway I'll give Chris credit for making an other copy of the eye scanner, not making the design. Maybe I am nick picking, but I want to make sure that it is known that he didn't design it, he just made a copy of an original one.
You can say Chris reverse-engineered the circuit or made it work with today's components, however you say it, his is the best match to an original Cylon eye. Not all Cylons need this type of high end cost/components but it is definitely noticable in the final product. I will say, if you want the original eye scan then that's the one to get.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:33 pm

Galactifan wrote:
You can say Chris reverse-engineered the circuit or made it work with today's components, however you say it, his is the best match to an original Cylon eye. Not all Cylons need this type of high end cost/components but it is definitely noticable in the final product. I will say, if you want the original eye scan then that's the one to get.
I do agree 100% that is the way to go, if you can afford the upgrade. It is well worth it. I know of two people that have his eye scanner, but yours is the first time I have heard about any upgrades done in the hi-tech end. I thought it is a 1:1 copy, with a minor tweak workings, but it sounds like maybe a bit more than I had thought. Over all I would say yes it is a great scanner Chris makes.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:13 pm

Bump

Galactifan
Flight Leader

Post by Galactifan » Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:11 am

GoldCylon wrote:[ ...yours is the first time I have heard about any upgrades done in the hi-tech end. I thought it is a 1:1 copy, with a minor tweak workings, but it sounds like maybe a bit more than I had thought. Over all I would say yes it is a great scanner Chris makes.
I'm not sure what you mean by the above post?

You can view a video of my CJP Cylon eye scanner with light bulbs here...
http://byyourcommand.net/photogallery/B ... ips/Warble

And a comparison video here CJP Cylon eye scanner with light bulbs on the left side and a cheaper LED scanner in the Cylon helmet on the right side of the video...
http://byyourcommand.net/photogallery/B ... n_in_light

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:42 am

I thought Chris had make the exact 1:1 copies, I didn't know that he made upgrades in the electronic lay out design to the board.
My board crashed once, before I bought it, and it took the previous owner 3 months to find 2 replacement parts. So I can understand why Chris made a modern upgrade to the board design. At least that was my take on what you said Chris did, up dated the design on the board.

womo68
Patrol Member

Post by womo68 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:02 am

so those are light bulbs in Chris' design. You can tell a major difference. I'm wondering if the material used to diffuse helps at all.

Can anyone confirm how much these are?

womo

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:42 pm

I think they are $2500 for the replica copy of the light. I think he is out, or just one left.

womo68
Patrol Member

Post by womo68 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:00 pm

not trying to stir the pot...but that is very expensive.

What makes them so high? I've done plenty of wiring jobs on my R2 including 108 leds for the rear logics...so I'm just curious why they're so expensive. I love the look of it though and may have to save for a set.

womo

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:16 pm

womo68 wrote:not trying to stir the pot...but that is very expensive.

What makes them so high? I've done plenty of wiring jobs on my R2 including 108 leds for the rear logics...so I'm just curious why they're so expensive. I love the look of it though and may have to save for a set.

womo
Chris runs solo in the BSG community that knows just about everything Galactica, and has owned most of the props and costumes at some point. He has studied, replicated things to near 1:1 scale (off a bit with reason) No one else offers this service, so he holds the card to charge about what ever he likes.

C1-978
Patrol Leader

Post by C1-978 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:13 am

Check this out......what the heck is a Roomba?

http://hackingroomba.com/projects/build-a-cylon-roomba/
Last edited by C1-978 on Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:19 am

C1-978 wrote:Check this out......what the heck is a Roomba?

http://hackingroomba.com/projects/build-a-cylon-roomba/
I have a Roomba, it is from http://www.Irobot.com , it is a vacuum cleaner. A great one at that, had one about 3 years now.

BazookaJo
Centurion

Post by BazookaJo » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:42 am

Dont' know if anyone's interested but I have 3 cylon chaser light kits that are for sale.

I'll start a new post with the details on.

Best Regards

Joe.

womo68
Patrol Member

Post by womo68 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:13 pm

BazookaJo wrote:Dont' know if anyone's interested but I have 3 cylon chaser light kits that are for sale.

I'll start a new post with the details on.

Best Regards

Joe.

are they leds or bulbs????

thanks,
womo

BazookaJo
Centurion

Post by BazookaJo » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:52 pm

Chaser lights are LEDs - details posted on a new thread.

Regards

Joe.

Return to “Centurion Builders' Forum”