The Cylon Empire rceruitment video

Fan films, sounds, art, wallpaper images - and more. A rag tag fleet of fun.
GoldCylon
Founder

The Cylon Empire rceruitment video

Post by GoldCylon » Mon May 10, 2010 5:42 pm

ByYourCommand.net
Recruitment Video Proposal.

This is to seed thoughts, and ideas on making a video to post to promote the expansion, and growth
of the "Cylon Empire" costuming group. Exploring the ideas present by all and developing a video to play
on YouTube, and at Cons of any type that can inform people looking to be part of something in the BSG realm.
Although we here at BYC.net lean mostly to the classic Cylon suit, all forums of Cylon costuming should be permitted,
and acknowledged in the video. Cylon's citizens. Imperious Leader, IL Series, chromed bronze, silver, and gold should
be welcomed into the fold. Even the the RDM 2003 Cylon can find a home here.
Now what I would like is to see a video that would run 2 to 5 minutes in length that would recap what we do, how we help
fellow members, and try sourcing any and new places that can help supplying the items needed to be a Cylon. All though
we vast in numbers the true chromed Cylon many are aware of the certainly of cost for a chromed Cylon.
We should help as much as possible in a low budget Cylon citizen idea. I digress, and back to subject. The video should
be quick to the point, but not lost in the message. Script ideas should be submitted here, and if possible explain what you
have envision in certain time frames. What type of video would be see,and what would we hear. Any green idea? We need
someone that can do video editing. Presentation style? Original Cylon style, Army recruiting style, vintage news reel style?
Graphic artist that might be able to create the entire film, or bits and pieces of studio film, and new film footage? Use samples
from the instruction videos I have made? This is at this time 100% open to all suggestions, so think something out on paper
read it, and visualize it, and submit it.

OneMinuteGalactica
Centurion

Re: The Cylon Empire rceruitment video

Post by OneMinuteGalactica » Mon May 10, 2010 9:00 pm

I was going to suggest having a Cylon do the "I want you" thing, like Uncle Sam, but I just went to YouTube and typed in "recruitment film" and came across the promo for that 501st I just heard about and they already kind of did that with Vader, so now I take it back. Instead, you might want to do a variation of "we're looking for a few good men" and make it machines or robots instead of men.

I would still use the cylon theme music in the background and have some or maybe even all of the narration in a cylon voice. As for visuals, if you've got pictures of members dressed up, those would be great. Video would be even better.

Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin

Post by Red Eye » Tue May 11, 2010 4:28 am

I also like the idea of an Army-style recruitment video.

I begin to regret that the Imperious Leader costume isn't finished yet, we could certainly use it for the "I want you" thing...
"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

Hand-Schaub
First Centurion

Post by Hand-Schaub » Wed May 12, 2010 10:06 pm

Are there any IL series costumes available? I can see an IL being the spokesperson similar to the Galactica's recruitment video in "The man with Nine lives" where we have "middle management" speaking.

Return to “Media - Video - Sound Clips -Music”