Original Series collector question....

This is a help forum to build your classic series props and costumes.
phillychad
Spare Parts

Original Series collector question....

Post by phillychad » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:56 pm

Hello... I am new to this fourm and not to sure where I should place this question...

It's about a "toy" I had as a child... I cannot find one single refference to it on the web... Maybe some of you can help...

All I can remember from it was that I believe it was a mail in offer from a cereal box (not sure wich one)...
It was made out of cardboard, shipped flat... you had to assemble it... It made a sort of cockpit (my memory of it is vauge) from a viper, I think... I remember it being large, well... big for a five or so year old... It had these triangle shaped cards but again, that's all I remember. I have been thinking about this "toy" for a LONG time and would LOVE to at least see a picture of one to confirm that I am at least not crazy... None of my collector friend ever heard of it... I'm ALMOST positive that it was indeed BATTLESTAR related cause I remember hitting the 3 printed buttons to "launch" my VIPER... I would throw my head back and pretend I was going thru the launch tube's...

If I can remember anything else I'll post it but honestly, that's all I really know at this point...

Maybe someone out there knows exactly whatI am talking about? Thank you for your help... I look forward to chatting with you and PLEASE if I indeed posted this in the wrong thread, kindly move it to where it belongs...

:salute:

C.O.R.A
Patrol Member

Re: Original Series collector question....

Post by C.O.R.A » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:05 pm

I never had one when I was a kid but I do have one in my collection. Here is a link to a photo.

http://theimaginaryworld.com/pax72.jpg

Jim

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:41 pm

Same here as C.O.R.A. I never had it as a kid, but I have 2 of them now. One is packaged up in original shipping envelope, never opened, and the other well was opened to view contents of what it was. Kind of a cool display for the era.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:09 pm

Hummm looks like something you could copy pretty easy today, with a scanner/printer, etc.
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:48 pm

Cylon-Knight wrote:Hummm looks like something you could copy pretty easy today, with a scanner/printer, etc.
Well if I had it in hand, but I have a unrelated surprise coming up in a few. Watch for a new yellow icon popping up real soon.

Return to “Classic Battlestar Props and Costumes”