CYLON FIGHTER DIAGRAMS

Cylon Ships - a Raider Resource. Model builds and ship info.
Tinman
Fallen Centurion - R.I.P.

CYLON FIGHTER DIAGRAMS

Post by Tinman » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:47 pm

Here is a selection of Cylon Fighters from the BSG1 era - First Cylon War to the Attack on the Colonies.

(Click on Thumbnail for full size image)

MK.V SKIRMISHER

MK.VII WRAITH

MK.VIII MARAUDER

MK.IX RAIDER

MK.X PROWLER

MK.X COMBAT RAIDER (PROWLER) SCHEMATIC

MK.I A.B. FIGHTER

MK.I TRACKER

BATTLECRAFT SIZE COMPAIRISON CHART

<S>!
:cylon:
Last edited by Tinman on Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.

TINMAN

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Re: CYLON FIGHTER DIAGRAMS

Post by Cylon-Knight » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:41 pm

Very cool... Say, do all but the G1980 AB Raider had a crew of only 3 Centurions? The AB had a crew of 5 if I remember right, 3 Centurions and two human Cylons - right?
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:04 pm

Cylon-Knight wrote:Very cool... Say, do all but the G1980 AB Raider had a crew of only 3 Centurions? The AB had a crew of 5 if I remember right, 3 Centurions and two human Cylons - right?
Correct on the crew of the A.B. RAIDER - crew of 5.

The MARAUDER and the PROWLER both had a crew of two Centurion Pilots.

I have posted more information on the PROWLER in the first post. It has a more detailed description of the craft. I am not sure about the others, will have to do some more research into it.

<S>! :byyourcommand:
TINMAN

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:45 pm

Made a new Size Comparison Chart with all the fighter types so you can see the relative sizes. In the First Post above.

TINMAN

Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin
It’s my birthday

Post by Red Eye » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:00 am

Tinman wrote:
Cylon-Knight wrote:Very cool... Say, do all but the G1980 AB Raider had a crew of only 3 Centurions? The AB had a crew of 5 if I remember right, 3 Centurions and two human Cylons - right?
Correct on the crew of the A.B. RAIDER - crew of 5.

The MARAUDER and the PROWLER both had a crew of two Centurion Pilots.

I have posted more information on the PROWLER in the first post. It has a more detailed description of the craft. I am not sure about the others, will have to do some more research into it.

Forgive my lack of knowledge, but I always wanted to know for what the A-B stands for... any ideas?
"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:33 am

I think tongue and cheek it stood for Advanced Body.

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:16 pm

I had heard once years ago that it was "ADVANCED BOMBER" but I can't recall where I read it or even if it is accurate.

As it had Android Cylons as part of the crew the "A" may actually stand for "ANDROID." BSGwiki doesn't really say one way or another. This my be a good question for Mr. Larson should anyone bump into him at the bar one night. :wink:

TINMAN

Reaper63
Patrol Member

Post by Reaper63 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:48 pm

Tinman, VERY good work on the compairison shots!!

one question though, The Cylon Scout (Mk I Tracker), I don't think it was intended to be that big. I was a memb er of the Battlestar Excaliber crew (the site that created that ship) and I remember it being a smaller one or 2 Centurian Recon fighter.

did I miss something? or did you just guesstimate the size of the ship.
Reaper
Strike Captain Edan
Blackstar Squadron

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:14 am

Tks for the congrats guys, but mainly all I did was resize them so they all come out on the same scale. The hardest thing of the project was sorting them so they would all fit on the same page! LOL! Really came into play with the ship chart and the Colonial Warship chart I am working on now.

Reaper, interesting you were with the old EXCALIBUR! COOL! I remember seeing that RPG and actually saved some of the graphics from it years ago. Was sharp that she was a "Tri-star" with three flight pods. In the new charts I am working on for Colonial Warships I have a Victory Class Battlestar to represent the class EXCALIBUR came from. Kinda what led me to get involved with the CHIRON RPG am a part of now.

Anyway, back to the Cylon Tracker. The original material I got from your guys website (posted on the first post) of the Tracker didn't have any size plan on it. Where I got the sizes of it was from some people who put together some wargamming sheets for some BSG ships designed to be used with the STAR BLAZERS (B5) game rules. It had the tracker being listed at 30 meters in length. I would guess they modified it so the Cylons would have a "Shuttle" sized vehicle to match the Colonial Shuttle. If you do have the correct sizes for it (or any other vessels that could be used) please post it and I will work it in.

TINMAN

Reaper63
Patrol Member

Post by Reaper63 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:59 pm

I'll have to go through everything again, but fortunately, I can still do it lol

http://web.archive.org/web/200702081818 ... ca/~markv/

Gotta love the Archive!!!

I'll see what I can do rereading the entries that included the Tracker.

Edit - According to the Story, the Tracker is Larger then a Raider, but that's so it could pack in extra fuel. The Tracker did contaion a single Centurian. SO the crew was one. It was also unarmed. It did have better secanners and communication gear to report it's findings.

Personally, I'd make it only just larger then a Raider. Maybe as long as the Raider is wide. And definately not as wide as a Raider is long lol.

How does that sound?
Reaper
Strike Captain Edan
Blackstar Squadron

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:17 pm

Not a problem Reaper, I will get the crew working on it and get it revised shortly.

Another problem I see is you length of the Battlestars Galactica and Excalibur. I thank you are useing the "Old" measurments of it that was first published. What I have is 1200+ meters for the GALACTICA (Columbia Class) and on the sheets I have they have the Victory Class at 1600+. I suspect the people that made the wargamming charts converted everything after the new dimentions of the BS's came out.

<S>!
TINMAN

Reaper63
Patrol Member

Post by Reaper63 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:42 am

Yeah, Mark, who used to run the site did like the Smaller sized Battlestars. I always liked the larger scale sizing, since the ship was ment to be huge.

If you look at the compairison charts, there are charts in "Metrons" I got those posted by arguing that A Metron might not be equal to meters. When in fact I believe them to be lol

those charts should be scalled right.
Reaper
Strike Captain Edan
Blackstar Squadron

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:12 am

Cool Beans, hope to have the Colonial Warship charts I am doing up before long.
Hope you guys from Blackstar will like them. :wink:

TINMAN

Reaper63
Patrol Member

Post by Reaper63 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:43 am

We like the Cylon stuff too, since we have to know our targets ;) lol

great work though,
Will you be including the "Old" Asp fighters? the 2 seaters we found at the time of the Excaliber?

I always liked these for some reason. Especially if you added missles to them. One of the few things I think Moores BSG got right. Missles on the Vipers.
Reaper
Strike Captain Edan
Blackstar Squadron

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:17 pm

A few more Cylon Fighters I had Commissioned by the very talented CanisD. These models of Cylon attack craft are some of the first encountered by the Colonials during the First Cylon War and come way before the standard RAIDER was encountered in combat.

The first is the CETAN RAIDER - (from the 13th Tribe Battlestar FanStory) -also known as the "SKIRMISHER." A very small fighter along the lines of the Colonial ASP - the early single engine version was crewed by only two Centurion pilots where the remodeled later twin engine version first employed the crew of three we know from the RAIDER.
(Single Engine Version)
(Twin Engine Version)

The second is the Cylon "BATTLER" - a very early attack fighter before the RAIDER came into service. Many of the traits that were later seen in the RAIDER were first tested in the BATTLER.
(Single Engine Version)
(Twin Engine Version)
TINMAN

Return to “Cylon Ships - a Raider Resource”