Colored Cylons

Discussions about the 1978 TV & Movie series.
Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin

Re: Colored Cylons

Post by Red Eye » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:45 am

Tinman wrote:Anyone come up with anything new on the markings for the "First Centurion"?

<S>!
I haven't seen any black stripes on the Command Centurions yet, so it's my guess they've only used them in the books.

But the Carillon Garrison Leader has some rank markings on his neck and his chestplate:

"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

Tinman
Fallen Centurion - R.I.P.

Post by Tinman » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:28 am

Interesting! Thanks for the pic and info Red Eye. I wonder what they used for the insignia.

Anyone know off-hand what series of books the "First Centurion" came from? I might have to get them to research this.

Tks again.

<S>!
:cylon:
TINMAN

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:04 am

Here is my no luck update:

Form Wikipedia: (who knows if this is "true" - ya know!?)
In the novelization of the original series it is stated that there is an elite class of Command Centurions (referred to as First Centurions), roughly equivalent to feudal Counts, which act as executive officers to the Imperious Leader and are not subordinate to the IL-Series, and (like the IL-series) they were also said to have multiple brains. In the TV series these are actually seen on screen, though very rarely, and are distinguished from other Command Centurions by black bands on their gold armor. Vulpa was originally of this class but had been demoted and stationed on ice planet Arcta.

Now, I just skimmed over my DVDs and as far as I know Gold Command Centurions only appear in these episodes:
-The Gun on Ice Planet Zero, Part I and II
-The Living Legend, Part II
-The Hand of God

I didn't see any back bands. The Wikipedia doesn't state were the bands would be. Maybe we need to track down this novelization! I have a 1978 commic book of the show, not what I would think as being a novelization but I'll have to check it out for any Command Centurions.
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Red Eye

Post by Red Eye » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:33 am

Tinman wrote:Interesting! Thanks for the pic and info Red Eye. I wonder what they used for the insignia.

Anyone know off-hand what series of books the "First Centurion" came from? I might have to get them to research this.

Tks again.

<S>!
:cylon:
I think they used some kind of vintage altered WWII or foreign insignias, like they did with nearly all of the other original series' insignias.

By the way: I plan to commission a set of these Centurion insignias for my costume from my pal, once his work on the Imperious Leader mask and headpiece is completed.

The first Centurion, or Vulpa, was featured in the novelization of "GOIPZ" as well, like Cylon-Knight wrote.
"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:19 pm

Don't confuse the gold Cylon, with the bronze colored Cylon. I have the gold guy here right now, and the bronze guy (aka Vulpa) is in the Sci Fi Museum at the Seattle Space Needle.

Red Eye

Post by Red Eye » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:39 am

GoldCylon wrote:Don't confuse the gold Cylon, with the bronze colored Cylon. I have the gold guy here right now, and the bronze guy (aka Vulpa) is in the Sci Fi Museum at the Seattle Space Needle.
Good to know that the gold Cylon ist still in your possession. How about a few more photos of him, when you can afford the time?

It's good you've mentioned Vulpa: I'm not so sure that he is still in the SFM at Seattle. He, along with a few other of his robot buddies that where also on display, have strangely disappeared... for restoration maybe? Or where they're being sold or even get a new display area? Maybe someone here can solve this riddle...

Finally, here's a recent photo of the robot exhibition (no Vulpa there):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/andy_davis/3921703655/

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:37 am

WOW nice photo. I just saw (among many other items) a screen used C-3PO last night - as well as Anthony Daniels himself! At the Star Wars in Concert. I'll post my pics of it up later, nashslash they are on my facebook if you want to see them sooner.
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Return to “1978 TV Series”