Thanks Dale! Account active!

Tell us about yourself. Post about yourself, your collection, builds or what you hope to collect, build.
Mardikrewe
Patrol Member

Thanks Dale! Account active!

Post by Mardikrewe » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:40 am

Hey all. I started this some 1 1/2 years ago and although work keeps me terribly busy, I have nearly completed the suit. Most armor is still Krop's but plan on upgrading everything in the near future. I had Richard autograph most of my armor and might auction them off on ebay to secure immediate funds? First off goes the back pack, helmet and chest piece ................ any other idea's?

Here's a few pick's from our local little baby Con.
[/img]

Uh oh ............... computer stupid ..... hope the pic makes it. Just guessing how as it would not let me paste?

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:16 am

Mardikrewe welcome! Glad you are here, post often and enjoy the site. Looking forward to seeing your Cylon suit.

For the image - they have to be hosted on another site for now, until the BYC.net programmer has the time to upgrade this site to accept them.

You can past the url to your image, and we can click over to see it.
Or you can surround it in [img]tags%20like%20it%20looks%20like%20you%20started%20to.%20There%20has%20to%20be%20an%20opening%20[img]%20and%20then%20a%20closing[/img] (with the slash) inbetween them paste the url. I hope this helps.
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:38 am

hey welcome on board, and glad I was able to come up with the backdoor way to get the new guys on board. Email me some photos and I can host them for you.

Mardikrewe
Patrol Member

Computer dumb again

Post by Mardikrewe » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:16 am

Okay ........... hate to say it but I have no idea what a ULR is? When my computer has problems, I call in a professional:). I would prefer to send pic's to GoldCylon and have him post (if he dose not mind).
I did though go to his profile but gave me nothing in the way of an email address to send them. About the best I can do is copy and paste, sorry.

Anyway, I started with a kropserkel and have made numberous mods to it over the past 1 1/2 years. I am nearly 6' 5" tall so aquiring boots and gloves proved to be the hardest. I still have several to go:
1. Correct boots ..... ordered and on the way.
2. Rib pieces and back plate ..... Thanks Dale! On the way.
3. Vinyl strip on glove wrist. Have, just have not done yet.
4. All new correct armor with better plating. (helmet and back pack) next.

I re-engineered:
1. The under suit ........ purchased from Dale Tinder in Florida (awesome).
2. Boot gauntlets ........ Full wrap.
3. Gloves ................... Cooper 28 dyed black. (finally found in my size).
4. The belt ................. Close but not an original (dosen't look like a work belt any more:).
5. Crazy sound system .. 4 Altec Lansing speakers with ALL the available Cylon sound tracks out there. LOUD with no distortion, you can here me from several hundred yards away hehe.
6. Rifle but LEDS in it yet.
7. Skirt ..... Got one of the last pieces William had to sell of the original 24 X 24 gun metal. The company no longer sell's to the public nor do they make it in that size anymore, only 18" x 24". They have to seam it:(.

In case you are unable to retrieve my address (jschun6262@aol.com).

Jeff

Mr Fett
Phalanx Leader

Post by Mr Fett » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:10 am

Your suit sounds awesome. My suit doesn't have the rib pieces either. I've never heard of the person who made your undersuit. Any specs on that you can share? You must have the best sound system around in your suit, that rocks!

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:44 am

Mardikrewe, does your suit have the Krop eye scanner? Or did you get one from another source? I didn't see the scanner in your list, and I've been trying to figure one out for my helmet recently. I'd like to know what you are using too, every bit of info helps. Thanks!

(P.S. a URL is just the term for any www.address.com, our url here is www.byyourcommand.net - but I see GoldCylon will host the image for you, just another way he ROCKS 8))

Mardikrewe
Patrol Member

Post by Mardikrewe » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:44 pm

I have no suit spec's to share ....... sorry, but it appears exactly as one spec sheet I saw on this site (40 ribs and 9 ebow). Dale (the other one) had it made for display some 3 years ago and finally parted with it. I got lucky! Evidently he went through 3 tailors in making it as most loose interest throughout the project, either being too time consuming and or not enough profit margin?

Scanner ........ I got a great idea from someone but can't remember the source .......... ready, sitting down? Take a regular LED scanner and overlay with a milky color mylar .... saw it in a video completed and it was so close to a bulb scanner that only a super guru would be able to tell the difference, working on this. To answer the question, still LED krop.

I'm not sure how I can get my pictures into a URL or a WWW site unless I maybe go to one instructed to and copy and paste. Again Computer stupid. I too once licked a bus window:) maybe they should have given me a helmet too?

I do though have an awesome picture of me staring down a tie fighter pilot which reminds me of the old version and new version Cylon stare down. Also several with Richard Hatch ...... even had dinner with him that night. Extra cool dude with absolutely no snootiness. As a matter of fact he is quite regular, like you or me in that sort of setting but I don't think he licked bus windows:).

Thanks for taking me in all, and any wanting to visit New Orleans ...... Laisses Les Bon Temps Rouler.

(no, I don't speak french) / Meaning: (Let The Good Times Roll).

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:35 pm

Mardikrewe the mylar sounds like a great idea!

That is awesome you got to spend time with Richard Hatch - from what I've seen and read about him, he IS a great person. He is a very talented actor too - and I think it is awesome all the time and energy he returns to his fans. A+ person, Mr. Hatch!! (Who, yah, probably doesn't lick bus windows :D - but hey - maybe we should all try it at least once?! haha)

Mardikrewe
Patrol Member

Post by Mardikrewe » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:23 am

Hopefully the way I typed it, no one thought I meant Mr. Richard licked bus windows! Richard is actually quite brilliant and was suppose to read "did not" lick bus windows. I read that in another post by some one and laughed (that they licked short bus windows and wore a helmet) so thought I would steal the material and add in they forgot to give me a helmet. HEHE

Sorry for the confusion.

YES, he does given back! He had a choice of either staying in Los Angeles (where there was a mssive BSG convention) but instead came to Louisiana with us where only 300 non-participants showed up. I thought that said a good deal about him.

I mentioned in an earlier post He autographed several pieces of my armor. This is the way I plan on securing the additional funds to upgrade the rest of my suit ......... auction them. I heard an autographed Colonial Warrior suit went for nearly 5,000.

You out there Mr. Gold? I would love to get those pic's up. I will dink around this morning and see if I can locate your email.

:)

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:25 pm

Licking bus windows, is a hoot - I got it. Too funny.

That is great you got to spend so much time with him. Looking forward to the images of the autographed armor parts.

Return to “Say Hi”