2005 Edition CYBERMAN

The Cybermen builders forum. Rants, raves, help, problem solver, questions, answers, your favorite, fan made parts and pieces, sourcing, and anything related.
Darthvehement
Patrol Member

2005 Edition CYBERMAN

Post by Darthvehement » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:49 pm

CYBERMAN 2005 Edition

This was released as a bubble bath container!
The details looked so good, I decided to customize and enhance the figure.

The cyber leader had a transparent section at the top of the helmet, showing the brain, so I decided to create this on the figure.
Using a soldering iron with the flat cutting tool, I removed the front top section of the head, keeping to the panel lines, then using needle files, I cleaned straightened the edges.
Next, I glued inside the panel section I cut out.
I then added bluetak adhesive putty on top of the panel, filling the space.
After sculpting the shapes of the brain tissue, I painted white acrylic over the raised areas, then with a fine bristle brush, painted thin red lines for veining.
Finally I sealed the brain with clear gloss acrylic.

The transparent part of helmet is the shaped plastic packaging of a glue tube, cut to fit into the gap at the top.
I painted the pipes at the side black, for the leaders helmet.

The body, arms and legs have screws at the back with recess holes which I filled and blended, then I repainted all the metal armour parts with silver metallic Humbrol #11.

For the joint details, I scraped the gaps between the joint ligaments and most of the ligaments leaving the black base colour of the figure.
Then I painted some of the ligaments with the silver, leaving some with the original light silver/grey finish.

The hands I left with the original silver/grey paint, scraping the gaps and creases in the gloves and around the fingers.
This contrasts against the body plating and simulates wear.
For this figure, I didn't apply any black wash to the armour to simulate wear or dirt, because I wanted the shiny new, prestine look, also, I didn't apply any clear sealant because this would compromise the luster of the silver.
As the figure is displayed in a perspex case, this should be enough to protect the paintwork.

They (BBC) did a good job producing this edition of cybermen, although I prefer the 70's and 80's versions. They are more unique, using wet suits painted silver and completely new suits with integral wiring for the 1982
CYBERMAN 2005 Edition

This was released as a bubble bath container!
The details looked so good, I decided to customize and enhance the figure.

The cyber leader had a transparent section at the top of the helmet, showing the brain, so I decided to create this on the figure.
Using a soldering iron with the flat cutting tool, I removed the front top section of the head, keeping to the panel lines, then using needle files, I cleaned straightened the edges.
Next, I glued inside the panel section I cut out.
I then added bluetak adhesive putty on top of the panel, filling the space.
After sculpting the shapes of the brain tissue, I painted white acrylic over the raised areas, then with a fine bristle brush, painted thin red lines for veining.
Finally I sealed the brain with clear gloss acrylic.

The transparent part of helmet is the shaped plastic packaging of a glue tube, cut to fit into the gap at the top.
I painted the pipes at the side black, for the leaders helmet.

The body, arms and legs have screws at the back with recess holes which I filled and blended, then I repainted all the metal armour parts with silver metallic Humbrol #11.

For the joint details, I scraped the gaps between the joint ligaments and most of the ligaments leaving the black base colour of the figure.
Then I painted some of the ligaments with the silver, leaving some with the original light silver/grey finish.

The hands I left with the original silver/grey paint, scraping the gaps and creases in the gloves and around the fingers.
This contrasts against the body plating and simulates wear.
For this figure, I didn't apply any black wash to the armour to simulate wear or dirt, because I wanted the shiny new, prestine look, also, I didn't apply any clear sealant because this would compromise the luster of the silver.
As the figure is displayed in a perspex case, this should be enough to protect the paintwork.

They (BBC) did a good job producing this edition of cybermen, although I prefer the 70's and 80's versions. They are more unique, using wet suits painted silver and completely new suits with integral wiring for the 1982 editions.
I find they "borrowed" unnecessarily from the Metropolis movie's Maria robot and the Iron man suit for this 2005 version.
editions.
I find they "borrowed" unnecessarily from the Metropolis movie's Maria robot and the Iron man suit for this 2005 version.
Attachments
7872cf8b5f8ff84371e7872a488610de.jpg
3960ba6f8f219d6ed6369982eeb84c96.jpg
2821f2dc9460a0e03933fcdfab17971b.jpg

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Re: 2005 Edition CYBERMAN

Post by Cylon-Knight » Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:11 pm

This version of the cybermen is may favorite design. And you version of it is spot on.
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Return to “Cybermen Builders' Forum”