SONTARAN FIGURE

The Doctor, a mysterious traveler in time and space. The last of the Time Lords from Gallifrey. Everything WHO!
Darthvehement
Patrol Member

SONTARAN FIGURE

Post by Darthvehement » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:59 pm

"Biff Bang Pow" Company
Sontaron Figure Customized

Although more accurate figures of this character exist, the edition from this company is the largest scale, at five inches tall and the head sculpting is quite good.
Unfortunately, the suit and body are not up to a good standard, being cheaply produced with inaccuracies and missing parts!
The paintwork also is lacking to make the character realistic.
The accessories provided are quite good, with a well fitting helmet and reasonably accurate ray pistol and controll device.
The figure is articulated at the joints and can stand without support.
In order to raise this figure to a good standard, I needed to add shading to the skin using a black wash (black paint thinned with white spirit.)
The hands are cast with five fingers, this is due to a continuity error by BBC effects department and reproduced by the figure company!
Sontaran hands only have three didgets, so I resculpted the hands using a soldering iron, melting the fingers together into shape, then carving the details.
The suite is poorly produced, lacking the sewing details, the elbow plates and the vent coupling.
The legs of the suite finish at the knees instead of going into the boots! These elastic bands were white, so I needed to paint them silver to match them to the rest of the suite. The original silver finish of the suite comes off and has started to fade, so I will need to repaint the entire suite in future.
I repainted the helmet and collar and added the vent coupling.
I cut down copper pipe clips and shaped them for the elbow guards, then painted them silver to match.
In order to provide the correct body shape, I had to pack out the suite with materials.
Attachments
bbfdf650cd9fb6fed0217f60ddca0f81.jpg
548f40fb11e3144543aac3e87c48fab1.jpg
e7b638774bf0f8312efe184b2e7c3f4e.jpg
eb1c421b6cd17b2547246c680399691a.jpg
Original Produced Figure
1a88ebdad753d270c621316e9c8beb6f.jpg

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Re: SONTARAN FIGURE

Post by Cylon-Knight » Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:08 pm

Biff Bang Pow made some Battlestar figures. Seems they had much the same issues as this one.
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Darthvehement
Patrol Member

Re: SONTARAN FIGURE

Post by Darthvehement » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:51 am

Not the best produced figures!
The only reason I got this is because of the size!
There are much better, accurate editions of sontarans in a smaller scale.

Return to “General Discussion”