Reconditioned DALEKS

The Doctor, a mysterious traveler in time and space. The last of the Time Lords from Gallifrey. Everything WHO!
Darthvehement
Patrol Member

Reconditioned DALEKS

Post by Darthvehement » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:06 pm

These Daleks were produced by the Palitoy company in the 1970s and are able to produce dalek phrases by pressing the button at the top of the dome.
Unfortunately, none of the arms or eyes were present for either of these, so I had to build and replace them, as previously mentioned with the Marx Dalek.
The eyes were scratch built with beads, model stand (3mm chrome rail), and various sized washers painted white, with the smallest for the lense.
Again, airal antenna is used for the utility arms, with the remaining robot pincer and a dart suction cup used for the "MK 1" Dalek.
Plastic toy gun darts, cut down with wire added to the sides form the weopon arms on both models.

The dark grey Mark 1 Dalek was originally silver with blue spheres, I decided to repaint it to resemble the mark 1 prototype Daleks as seen in "Genesis of the Daleks".
I painted the lights on the dome white and the spheres black, the body shell is a shade of dark green/grey.
(The speach activation button is still present on the dome because it is still operational, so I left it, despite it's inaccuracy. )

The orange "Command Dalek" came as a hollow shell with no works inside, so I decided to add a Kaled mutant and interior, removing the grill and dome sections and making a hinge pivot allowing the top to open.
I found a base plate to house the creature (an old T.V. channel selector knob), fitted it inside the lower body section, then added interior controls and details and the mutant creature (an old board game counter).
The interior details consist of wiring, conduit and scrap model kit parts.
The body shell, I left in the original moulded colour, I painted the spheres, armour bars, grill and light fittings with silver metallic.
The transparent cowling under the grill is painted black, then covered with silver shaver foil.
I cut and shaped clear 3mm model frame bars, pinned them to the top of the original "lights", then painted over with an orange wash to tint them.
I filled the button hole at the top of the dome and blended it to match.
Finally, I went over the figure with a black wash to dirty down and define the details, battle damage, etc.

My thanks go to Mr. Andrew Miller, a friend who provided the orange dalek!
Attachments
04888c5015eacbe6d4155660f4d218d4.jpg

Darthvehement
Patrol Member

Re: Reconditioned DALEKS

Post by Darthvehement » Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:11 pm

Reconditioned talking Dalek with Kaled mutant.
Attachments
Screenshot_20240423_010243_Pinterest.jpg
Screenshot_20240423_010224_Pinterest.jpg

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Re: Reconditioned DALEKS

Post by Cylon-Knight » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:58 pm

In your first picture, the trio of figures, does the black Dalek on the right have a claw from V.I.N.CENT. (from Walt Disney's The Black Hole)?
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Return to “General Discussion”