MARX COMPANY DALEK

The Doctor, a mysterious traveler in time and space. The last of the Time Lords from Gallifrey. Everything WHO!
Darthvehement
Patrol Member

MARX COMPANY DALEK

Post by Darthvehement » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:09 pm

MARX Company "Bump'N"go" 1960s Dalek

This was my first dalek toy, it was bright red with gold bands and bright yellow arms.
The dome is somewhat narrower than the authentic props in this edition, being more toy like than accurate, but Idecided to restore and upgrade it.

The original eye and suction arm were lost, so I replaced them using radio antenna and the pincers (ref. movie daleks) were from an old toy robot.
The weopon arm is original, with wire added to the side, a hole made for the barrel and painted silver with a black wash.
The eye shaft is a cut down model stand with different size washers, a bead, filed down to create a flat edge and a gold finish metal disc for the lens.
The transparent collar under the dome and grill is painted black.
(Here, it is possible to cut out holes in the top of the dome to mount the lights and have them lit by the bulb inside. The Inside of the collar and dome needs to be blacked out to contain the light. Adding silver foil inside will increase brightness)
I added clear blue tinted plastic model frame, rounded off and pinned on, to replace the original, pimple-like lights, I also added metal collars for the bases of the light fittings.
I repainted the body shell gloss black (enamel paint) with silver grill bars, arm mounting and spheres. The bands are coated with silver foil and the rivets painted with a black wash.
Attachments
10b9520c8eddae6b46aa7088f42f0568.jpg

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Re: MARX COMPANY DALEK

Post by Cylon-Knight » Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:06 pm

How did you get the silver foil to stick?
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Return to “General Discussion”