New Centurion Construction

Tips, tricks, inside secrets, help, sources, items used on making the Cylon Centurion suit to wear. Tell us your story, how you came about collecting your parts to a Centurion, or if you own a complete Centurion costume.
rmassman
Citizen

New Centurion Construction

Post by rmassman » Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:09 am

Hi Guys. Finally after all this time I am now building my first Centurion. I'm a true newb with this but an old hand at PVC/ABS builds. Member of the 501st. Built my own TK and I thought I had all this figured out before they said to use 3M Adhesive tape for an internal Cover Strip and Goop rather than E6000. Anyways. Starting my journey and hope to pick up on an accurate build faithful to the original series. Building a Kropsercle Cylon right out of the gate. Just finished the helmet and could probably use alot of help along the way. Thanks much and I hope you don't mind the link to what I've achieved so far in my build. I guess I started with the hardest part.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-DPLOkzZAY

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Re: New Centurion Construction

Post by Cylon-Knight » Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:28 am

Welcome aboard the Basestar, massman!

You started out with a bang and lived up to my moto. Well done, Centurion.
:CK:

Great video, awesome editing, music and sound effects!! I was worried at the black sail panels... NOOOooOoOo! -oh- it's just primer, cool. ;)

I have a TK as well, that needs some TLC. I did the Centurion first. I also did the helmet first. Great sci-fi fans think alike. lol

Looking forward to more of you build and helping out with any information that could be handy. I subscribed to your YouTube so I won't miss another build update.

If you haven't seen it yet, be sure to check out our gallery.
https://www.byyourcommand.net/cylongallery/
It has MANY photos of all the sci-fi things you're looking for and never knew you were looking for. :D

Post often and enjoy the site!
:byyourcommand:
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

rmassman
Citizen

Post by rmassman » Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:26 pm

I may have made a mistake. I had been getting pressure to apply chrome tape. Best source (later proved to be fail) found was this:

I was ok with the seam as I'd binge watched every episode of the original classic BSG. However maybe it can be improved. So I went the one way ticket of applying this material and I was to say the least not impressed. It did not match the sheen of the chrome as perfectly as I'd desired. I'm thinking if I can find a better more accurate material, the only resolution would be to tape over the tape. I just can't find the precise right material.
No flash but under a hobby lamp

rmassman
Citizen

Post by rmassman » Sun Jun 18, 2023 2:06 am

Alright, as promised the Cylon Battery Belt has been initially completed and it's now time for a Test Fit of what we have so far. I intentionally left out the skirt as I haven't figured out a good method yet of attaching it quickly and easily. As with all first test fits they are the absolute worst and dorkiest and there is no change in that philosophy with these. So with that caveat, I present the initial build of the Cylon Costume early this morning in all it's glory. Right off the bat, the helmet padding is going to have to lose a layer as it's just way too tight a fit. Maybe my hair growing out has something to do with that as maybe i had a recent haircut when installing double layer inner padding. I also should have tried the gauntlets however, they need more work with foam lining to keep them from slopping around as well as some decals needing installed. Endless years of dieting with near zero results. 5'10 193 pounds.

Jenne
Flight Leader

Post by Jenne » Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:53 am

Good work Centurion, and the 100% perfect gloves.

Christina
Centurion

Post by Christina » Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:46 pm

Where are your boots from?

Return to “Centurion Builders' Forum”