Reggie Nalder croupier costume + Triad referee outfits whereabouts?

This is a help forum to build your classic series props and costumes.
CostumeDesignArchive
Spare Parts

Reggie Nalder croupier costume + Triad referee outfits whereabouts?

Post by CostumeDesignArchive » Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:28 pm

Hi there, I run a blog archive on costume design in film/TV, especially scifi/fantasy productions: https://costumedesignarchive.blogspot.c ... tries.html

One of the series I have covered is the original BSG, and I have used this site as a resource for some costumes as well: https://costumedesignarchive.blogspot.c ... -1978.html which I've been very grateful for!

The costumes I'm trying to find include this sparkly pink and black tunic worn by Reggie Nalder as a croupier in 'Saga of a Star World', this is the only shot you see of the outfit at all!

A few other outfits are seen in the episode 'Murder on the Rising Star', the first being this commentator's silver jacket:

As well as two referees wearing brown and white striped jackets that are barely seen on-screen, sadly.

I wonder if anyone here knows the whereabouts of these outfits at all, and if so, I would be glad to post them on my blog with credit (and they could be added to the ByYourCommand site itself I imagine). Hope this is no bother to ask!
Last edited by CostumeDesignArchive on Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Re: Reggie Nalder croupier costume + Triad referee outfits whereabouts?

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:56 pm

Welcome aboard the Basestar, CostumeDesignArchive!
Glad to have you here and your site is amazing... I'll be spending quite some time there reading up on all the sci-fi costume goodness. I will add to you our links page too. Most deserving of the Cylons lending a helping mechanical hand of doom! ;)
:cylon: :cylongold: :IL:

Maybe someone here does know more about the outfits you noted. The blink and you miss it types are just a good as the every episode ones, for sure. They need some more time in the spotlight - great idea to document them fully.

Hope to hear more from you and your research in BSG and beyond!
:byyourcommand:
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

CostumeDesignArchive
Spare Parts

Post by CostumeDesignArchive » Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:33 pm

Cylon-Knight wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:56 pm
Welcome aboard the Basestar, CostumeDesignArchive!
Glad to have you here and your site is amazing... I'll be spending quite some time there reading up on all the sci-fi costume goodness. I will add to you our links page too. Most deserving of the Cylons lending a helping mechanical hand of doom! ;)
:cylon: :cylongold: :IL:

Maybe someone here does know more about the outfits you noted. The blink and you miss it types are just a good as the every episode ones, for sure. They need some more time in the spotlight - great idea to document them fully.

Hope to hear more from you and your research in BSG and beyond!
:byyourcommand:
Hey, thanks for the very kind reply, I appreciate it a lot :grin: I'd really appreciate the linking too, even if my blog doesnt have a snazzy banner or anything atm...yet, anyway! There's a good few films/series I'm trying to find costumes from that as you said, 'blink and you'll miss it' (Space 1999, Blakes 7, Last Starfighter and Star Trek movies as well as TNG/DS9/Voyager are all ones Im furiously hunting for,,,maybe I'll make a list haha).

Hopefully someone on here knows the location but I'd appreciate if you could spread the word on Facebook and other social media as well! I have contacted costume designer Jean Pierre Dorleac but he doesnt know where they are, though he did provide the one photo of the golden croupier (reused on Quantum Leap!),

Flerndip
Centurion

Post by Flerndip » Mon Jul 03, 2023 2:38 pm

Failing all else, you can still ask Jean-Pierre Dorléac himself. He probably knows the fates of many of his creations. He's on twitter as @spclsmthin
Attachments
eWoLrsfK_400x400.jpg
eWoLrsfK_400x400.jpg (28.29 KiB) Viewed 4684 times
eWoLrsfK_400x400.jpg
eWoLrsfK_400x400.jpg (28.29 KiB) Viewed 4684 times

CostumeDesignArchive
Spare Parts

Post by CostumeDesignArchive » Fri Jul 28, 2023 5:24 am

Flerndip wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 2:38 pm
Failing all else, you can still ask Jean-Pierre Dorléac himself. He probably knows the fates of many of his creations. He's on twitter as @spclsmthin
Oh I already have, but he told me a while ago that he doesn't know the location of the Nalder costume, nor the croupier outfits or referee/judge jackets. I hope they will turn up on an auction site eventually!

Return to “Classic Battlestar Props and Costumes”