Sire Uri's speech (reconstructed)

Prepared in honor of the 40th anniversary of the 1978 Universal sci-fi series. These transcripts are intended as a research aid for those studying the classic series.

Moderator: Specter

Specter
Raider Pilot
Location: Quadrant Alpha, 19,000,000 sectars by Epsilon vector 22

Sire Uri's speech (reconstructed)

Post by Specter » Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:35 pm

We only get to hear fragments of Sire Uri's peace speech on Carillon, most of them out of script order, but with the help of the script I've tried to reconstruct the speech to the best of my ability. It's still a bit fragmentary, but it's as complete as it probably ever will be.

Where the scripted language is phrased differently from the spoken language, I've gone with the spoken language. Portions not heard on screen are in blue.

"This night, we celebrate a most special event in the annals of human experience.
… to use this occasion to invoke, in each of us, a rebirth — a wiping-clean of the slate of animosities and prejudice against any living brother, whether a former friend or foe; an opportunity to throw down our arms and prove once and for all that peace begets peace and love begets love. And so I implore you all to join with me in the spirit of this great communion, and put your faith in me and go to the Cylons…
For
I tell you that this night will be remembered in the eons as the foundation upon which the floor of peace was laid, to last for all the eternities."

"Eternal perfection and order is the goal of the Cylon Empire."
- Group Leader Cyrus

Return to “Transcripts”