My GalacticCostume Tans are here!

This is a help forum to build your classic series props and costumes.
Flerndip
Centurion

My GalacticCostume Tans are here!

Post by Flerndip » Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:48 pm

:patch: I just need a place to show off my new Colonial uniform tans that just arrived, so I'm reserving this space for photos. Man, Stephane Dorion (GalacticCostume on Etsy) really knows this costume inside and out. I got the pants and tunic as well as the warcloak, so I've got the battle suit nailed down, and I'm waiting for custom dress boots from Omy Polo (WeAreGladiator) and a resin dress medallion from Kathy Pillsbury (Katarra8) (also Etsy).

(update): Here's the battle suit. It's a bit of a weight-loss program for me but already it fits better than some of those guys on Carillon! I am about to give up waiting for Katarra8 to make another dress medallion and pay a jeweler to make a real one or try my hand at oven-bake Sculpey. On the one hand I admire her for having an ethical position on not taking money in advance of having an item to deliver, but on the other hand I wish her stance on torture was equally as ethical. She doesn't seem to charge enough for a medallion to motivate herself to make more than one or two a year and so she stands like a cyclops guarding the mythical gates of this costume's completion, after I've already sunk thousands of cubits into it, and if you want one I guess you can join me in my new life, which consists of obsessively refreshing her Etsy store page every fifteen minutes for the rest of my life. Sleep is a distant memory now and I've only been resigned to doing this for about 4 months so far. I've tried offering her five times her asking price and apparently that didn't even warrant a response. I am beginning to suspect that she might be a Cylon.
Attachments
QuickShare_2212082210.jpg
Last edited by Flerndip on Mon Dec 26, 2022 12:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Re: My GalacticCostume Tans are here!

Post by Cylon-Knight » Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:28 pm

Can't wait!
:CK:
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Return to “Classic Battlestar Props and Costumes”