Hello from Virginia

Tell us about yourself. Post about yourself, your collection, builds or what you hope to collect, build.
Flerndip
Centurion

Hello from Virginia

Post by Flerndip » Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:00 am

Hey, just checking in with fellow nerd-brains. I too am afflicted with nostalgic fuzz when I think about this old show that aired when I was ten.

I remember when the theatrical release came to my neighborhood theater Universal sent a guy in a real Cylon costume to stand in the lobby and warble. He wasn't there when we entered but when we came out of the theater after the film was over there he was. Probably was a screen-used asset. I heard those got shipped all over for promotions and probably got destroyed. After that day I always wanted a Cylon costume but until recently I never even considered a Colonial costume viable. Then I found a pair of Full Bore boots on Ebay that fit me and, well, I'm still tumbling down the rabbit hole.

Today, I'm no closer to having Cylon Centurion armor but I'm building a few Colonial Warrior costumes at the moment, and have made major strides. I might be able to show them off soon. They include a Blue Squadron Colonial Warrior battle suit, a Blue Squadron dress uniform, and a Living Legend (Pegasus of course).

In the process of building these, I made the acquaintance of a very cool fellow that some of you may know, namely Don Bishop of Bionic Moon Labs. Honestly it's just been fun to have someone to talk to about the details of this show and its costumes and props.

While sleuthing the Internet for costume clues I discovered what appears to be the world's last supply of those black bakelite (probably Navy surplus) fumarello ashtrays like they used on the show, so if you want one for your next pyramid game I have them on Etsy.

Anyway I hope to meet a few more folks with the same love of classic Galactica. I'm glad this website exists. Cheers!

-Flerndip

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Re: Hello from Virginia

Post by Cylon-Knight » Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:25 pm

Welcome aboard the Basestar, Flerndip!

As I read your message I was thinking oooooh... I got to tell him about Bishop. BUT you have already met that Colonial stowaway who is hiding somewhere on this very Basestar!
:wink:

I can't wait to see what projects you have in the works. And, as Bishop knows, Cylon-Knight is going to say...
:CK:

Be sure to check out our Cylon Gallery too, if you've not seen it yet. It may have some items to help with various builds.

Post ofen and enjoy the site.
:byyourcommand:
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Return to “Say Hi”