How to sound like a Cylon (not what you think!)

Tips, tricks, inside secrets, help, sources, items used on making the Cylon Centurion suit to wear. Tell us your story, how you came about collecting your parts to a Centurion, or if you own a complete Centurion costume.
itookadooku
Patrol Member

Re: How to sound like a Cylon (not what you think!)

Post by itookadooku » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:03 pm

Besides the Roland VT3, speaker,mic and battery....what type of cables are needed? What type of cord goes from the battery to the Roland? Just want to confirm its a cable like the one in the link below. Thanks

https://www.amazon.com/Printer-Cable-NE ... B00404SUZ4

welshchris77
Patrol Leader

Post by welshchris77 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:43 am

itookadooku wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:03 pm
Besides the Roland VT3, speaker,mic and battery....what type of cables are needed? What type of cord goes from the battery to the Roland? Just want to confirm its a cable like the one in the link below. Thanks

https://www.amazon.com/Printer-Cable-NE ... B00404SUZ4
Yes that is the correct cable to use but you may want it alot shorter, my battery is in a bag with the VT3 so I used a very short lead :D
Chris Lewis

Soda Can
Phalanx Leader

Post by Soda Can » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:09 am

I just managed to get my VT3 today, for the microphone, is it ok to use a 3.5mm plug in at the front of the VT3 or do you have to have an adapter for the main microphone input.
Plus for the battery you would need to turn on the phantom power for the battery to work safely with the unit and not blow it up.
If anybody can, Soda Can Cylon can. :cylon:

Soda Can
Phalanx Leader

Post by Soda Can » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:20 pm

I've just answered my own question, I've had a look at dorns photo of his set up.
I have to try and find my usb printer cable and hook up my aker speaker with powered amplifier.
If anybody can, Soda Can Cylon can. :cylon:

itookadooku
Patrol Member

Post by itookadooku » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:05 pm

Finally got mine set up and Im happy with the results. Still need to fit everything in its proper place and eventually get a louder speaker. :cylon:

jachappy
Spare Parts

Post by jachappy » Tue May 28, 2019 1:15 pm

Has anyone tried the VT-4? It's slightly smaller and has internal batteries.

Galactifan
Flight Leader

Post by Galactifan » Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:29 am

Red Eye wrote:
Sat May 07, 2016 1:07 am
Here it is:
dorns wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:40 am
Here is my initial set up. I have some new USB powered speakers on order and a splitter so I can run the scanner sound .mp3 through the same speakers.
Pretty cool Cylon voice setup! To avoid feedback…You could try a cardioid unidirectional microphone rather than an omnidirectional microphone to help only pick up your speech directly in front of your mouth. This should also help with any feedback issues from the speaker. If you still get feedback then you gotta either turn the speaker volume down a bit or physically move the speaker further away from your microphone. Also, I see that the Roland AIRA VT-3 Voice Transformer is now discontinued and is replaced by the Roland AIRA VT-4 Voice Transformer. The newer Roland AIRA VT-4 Voice Transformer does have the vocoder feature to simulate the Cylon voice. Also, the new Roland AIRA VT-4 Voice Transformer accepts 4 AA batteries internally to power the unit, as well, as having a USB port to power the unit with an optional power supply.

Roland AIRA VT-4 Voice Transformer…
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/ ... ormer.html

Also, anyone will go insane listening to that darn Cylon warble sound effect…so be warned! :byyourcommand:

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:13 am

Very nice for on the fly. Have yu tried mounting in the backpack yet?

Return to “Centurion Builders' Forum”