Living Legend ending?

Discussions about the 1978 TV & Movie series.
johnnybear
Raider Commander

Re: Living Legend ending?

Post by johnnybear » Mon May 10, 2021 1:00 pm

I have that book but was a little disappointed with it's lack of production information. I don't recall reading anything about the crashed spaceship in the book but I think I'll have to have a look in the cupboard and winkle it out! :cylongold:
JB

137th Gebirg
Flight Leader

Post by 137th Gebirg » Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:07 am

I, too, remember thinking that it might have been the Pegasus. IIRC, it was because of the line of dialogue (spoken by Apollo or Starbuck, can’t remember which) who said the wreckage looked like it was as big as a battlestar. There definitely felt like an implication that it was the Pegasus, at least to my child mind at the time. But yeah, as I got older, I definitely came around to the notion that it was just another massive ship flown by another batch of Iblis’ ill-fated followers, possibly even original Cylons.
I may appear unoccupied to you, but at the molecular level, I'm really quite busy.

johnnybear
Raider Commander

Post by johnnybear » Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:47 am

I wonder if we were all supposed to think it was the Pegasus? Considering the lines and the implications of what happened to Commander Cain and his followers after The Living Legend it is very possible that the Seraphs or even Iblis himself may have had something to do with their disappearance! I mean how could the battle scarred ship have just vanished? In the Mission Galactica film extra footage was included to say that Cain just took off across the heavens and that wherever he was Adama hoped that he was where he wanted to be!
JB

Specter
Raider Pilot
Location: Quadrant Alpha, 19,000,000 sectars by Epsilon vector 22

Post by Specter » Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:17 am

All I know is that the possibility never entered my mind that it could be the Pegasus, so if they did want everybody to think it was the Pegasus they failed miserably.
"Eternal perfection and order is the goal of the Cylon Empire."
- Group Leader Cyrus

johnnybear
Raider Commander

Post by johnnybear » Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:26 pm

Thames was the first channel in the UK to show the series in 1980 and they split it into two halves. The first they ended in November with Fire in Space followed by Take The Celestra (They omitted The Living Legend) when they brought it back in February 1981 they began with War of The Gods and I instantly thought the wreckage was going to be that of the Pegasus even though we hadn't seen that story here! After Hand of God they screened Mission Galactica:The Cylon Attack instead of The living Legend itself. Now Mission is made up of the two parter plus Fire in Space which the channel had shown four or five months earlier. The ending to the film is a mess with scenes not matching up although Adama's comments about Cain's disappearance were more interesting than the episode ending! Thames never showed Galactica 80 either strangely... :cylon:
JB

Return to “1978 TV Series”