TOS Insignia

137th Gebirg
Flight Leader

Re: TOS Insignia

Post by 137th Gebirg » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:19 pm

I am actually interested in both a gold and silver version, so I’m just going to order an extra gold with the silver note and the other order can remain as is.

Thanks very much!

I may appear unoccupied to you, but at the molecular level, I'm really quite busy.

137th Gebirg
Flight Leader

Post by 137th Gebirg » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:35 pm

All items received today and they are perfect! Thanks very much!

To all those interested in these, supply available, of course, I highly recommend them! :salute:
I may appear unoccupied to you, but at the molecular level, I'm really quite busy.

bishopdonmiguel
Phalanx Leader

Post by bishopdonmiguel » Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:26 am

Good to hear they arrived safely and I’m happy to know you are pleased with my work. Thank you very much for your support.

137th Gebirg
Flight Leader

Post by 137th Gebirg » Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:01 am

Most welcome. They’ve filled a number of conspicuous holes in my collection.

All that’s remaining for me to acquire is the medical pin, Lunar 7 patch, the two Enforcer patches and a couple of the winter jacket flashes and I should have a complete collection of all TOS devices ever used.

bishopdonmiguel
Phalanx Leader

TOS Insignia

Post by bishopdonmiguel » Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:54 am

I'm convinced that the Medical, Lunar 7 and Enforcer patches were custom pieces. Vampire has replicas of the Medical and Enforcer patches that look pretty good. Unsure if size is accurate and I've been meaning to ask him for measurement since I'm working on an Enforcer helmet. I think he also has a set of jacket flashes.

I have the center for Adama's neck piece. Just need to create a badge for it to sit on.

137th Gebirg
Flight Leader

Post by 137th Gebirg » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:47 pm

bishopdonmiguel wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:54 am
I'm convinced that the Medical, Lunar 7 and Enforcer patches were custom pieces. Vampire has replicas of the Medical and Enforcer patches that look pretty good. Unsure if size is accurate and I've been meaning to ask him for measurement since I'm working on an Enforcer helmet. I think he also has a set of jacket flashes.

I have the center for Adama's neck piece. Just need to create a badge for it to sit on.
Many years ago (close to 20 now, I think) there was a gent named Gordon Smuder (aka spcglider) who made Adama medallions and a number of other costume device replicas (Seal of Kobol, Iblis medallion, Cain breast pin, etc.). His work makes up a big chunk of my collection. I don’t know if he’s still reachable out there - he used to be on the Dewback Wing ASAP forum back then - it’s been a while, but if you can find him, he may be amenable to revealing what piece was on the front of that particular piece. The one I have looks dead-on. I think he may have said it was Italian in origin, but I am not 100% sure about that.

bishopdonmiguel
Phalanx Leader

Post by bishopdonmiguel » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:42 am

137th Gebirg wrote:Many years ago (close to 20 now, I think) there was a gent named Gordon Smuder (aka spcglider) who made Adama medallions and a number of other costume device replicas (Seal of Kobol, Iblis medallion, Cain breast pin, etc.). His work makes up a big chunk of my collection. I don’t know if he’s still reachable out there - he used to be on the Dewback Wing ASAP forum back then - it’s been a while, but if you can find him, he may be amenable to revealing what piece was on the front of that particular piece. The one I have looks dead-on. I think he may have said it was Italian in origin, but I am not 100% sure about that.
I have one of his replicas. Based on my research, I believe it is too large, the center piece is a good approximation but inaccurate and the badge has amazing detail but the ridges should be rounded not flat.

I have a vintage original of the front piece I found on eBay a few years back. What its origin is I’m unsure. Maybe Italy. Maybe somewhere else. It is definitely based on Italian designs but is just a piece of costume jewelry. Cheap like most things used in the show.

Return to “Insignia”