New Cylon in IL

Tips, tricks, inside secrets, help, sources, items used on making the Cylon Centurion suit to wear. Tell us your story, how you came about collecting your parts to a Centurion, or if you own a complete Centurion costume.
punisher75
Centurion

New Cylon in IL

Post by punisher75 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:04 am

First full suit up in my Cylon costume, still some things to adjust and some upgrades coming like the metal skirt material, it's very slowly making its way here from China, but I have to say I'm pretty pleased with it. Most of the suit is from Kropserkel with the exception of the backpack and ribs which was sourced from CORA . I had the Chroming done by Ultrachome in Quincy IL. The awesome rifle is from the Dutch Cylon , as is the holster for the pistol. Pistol I made myself it was 3D printed and I installed lights and sound. Sword hilt and sheath were also from CORA the blade was 3D printed. Gloves are vintage 1970's Cooper hockey gloves converted to Cylon gloves like the original show. The under suit isn't as dark as it appears on the pics, need a better lighting set up! I'll be getting a new undersuit made by paarexcellence in a few months if all goes well. I'm waiting on the inner Ankle pieces from CORA to arrive, post office seems to have had some sort of issue.

Since I know a lot of people end up starting a Cylon and not finishing due to the chrome i have to fully recommend Ultrachome in Quincy IL, They did a great job on my backpack and the price was very reasonable and I had it back in two weeks! Check out their Facebook page if you want to contact them https://www.facebook.com/UltraChrome-1857696467597710/
ImageIMG_20200423_202851210_1 by Aaron Brigman, on Flickr
ImageIMG_20200423_203126774_1 by Aaron Brigman, on Flickr
ImageIMG_20200423_203039525_1 by Aaron Brigman, on Flickr
ImageIMG_20200423_203354820_1 by Aaron Brigman, on Flickr

And a short video
https://youtu.be/W7-iRJOvEA8

rustycylon
Squadron Leader

Re: New Cylon in IL

Post by rustycylon » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:36 am

very nice :byyourcommand:

Jmvgreek1
Patrol Leader

Post by Jmvgreek1 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:37 am

the outfit looks great

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:11 pm

:loveit:
LOOKING GOOD, CENTURION!
Lots of hard work has paid off you are completely ready now... LET THE ATTACK BEGIN :erk:
:evillaugh:

Remember Cylon-Knight is always watching... ;)
Be mindful of your left and right forearm armors. A well dressed Classic Cylon Centurion is a must!

The upgrades you have in the works sound great! And a new chroming solution - sweet! Thank you for the info. Do you know if they can do tints as well? :cylongold:

Does your rifle have light showing from behind (around) the side panels? Seems so, a very interesting twist.
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

punisher75
Centurion

Post by punisher75 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:18 pm

Yes they can do any color tint you want over the chrome.
The rifle does indeed have back lit lighting on the side panels.

I realized after taking pics that I had swapped the forearm pieces D'OH!

rustycylon
Squadron Leader

Post by rustycylon » Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:40 am

so are you saying the back pack has been painted chrome? :loveit:

punisher75
Centurion

Post by punisher75 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:44 am

It's hydrochrome which is like silvering a mirror, it's a chemical process that then gets an automotive clear coat on top.

https://youtu.be/luvhfOL1F-Y

That video shows the process. There are several different companies that offer systems to do it. And places like Angle Gilding that offer do it yourself kits and instructions.

Return to “Centurion Builders' Forum”