Sheba in "Baltar's Escape"

Discussions about the 1978 TV & Movie series.
oneofbaltarsfewfans
Citizen

Sheba in "Baltar's Escape"

Post by oneofbaltarsfewfans » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:03 pm

I was rewatching Baltar's Escape the other day and something struck me. Does it seem to anyone else that there is a whole dynamic missing between Sheba and Baltar? She is Cain's daughter, after all. He is well aware of who Cain is. Why is she not included when Baltar addresses Boomer, lamenting that Starbuck and Apollo are missing from his group of hostages? Would he not see her as someone to settle some debts with as well? Or is he simply not aware that Cain had a daughter and he has her as a hostage?

Or, I am just overthinking things again. :P But it seems to me there could have been a whole other story arch to that episode.

"Now perhaps you see why the Imperious Leader put me in command."

johnnybear
Raider Commander

Re: Sheba in "Baltar's Escape"

Post by johnnybear » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:23 pm

Agreed but as we still don't know what happened to the Pegasus after the Galactica and the fleet escaped from Gammoray and Baltar never mentioned it to Adama or the Quorum of twelve it's a bit neither here or there! :cylongold:
JB

Specter
Raider Pilot
Location: Quadrant Alpha, 19,000,000 sectars by Epsilon vector 22

Post by Specter » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:32 am

It's entirely likely Baltar didn't know that Cain had a daughter who was a warrior. Apollo didn't know about her until he met her, and Cain was his idol.
"Eternal perfection and order is the goal of the Cylon Empire."
- Group Leader Cyrus

johnnybear
Raider Commander

Post by johnnybear » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:19 pm

Her attitude was pure duty it seemed to me and Baltar was a Cylon sympathiser to be captured at all costs! Even if he was responsible for the deaths of her father and his crew aboard the Pegasus! :salute:
JB

Return to “1978 TV Series”