Cylon Voice Changer

Tips, tricks, inside secrets, help, sources, items used on making the Cylon Centurion suit to wear. Tell us your story, how you came about collecting your parts to a Centurion, or if you own a complete Centurion costume.
RavenLX
Raider Pilot

Cylon Voice Changer

Post by RavenLX » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:35 pm

I don't know where else to put this so hopefully here is ok. In my Introduction thread Cylon-Knight mentioned something about a Cylon Voice Changer. I have an idea for this that may work. It's called Qneo. Check it out here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_eqPwlEk5Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TO5xGZDpWwU

If someone can hack an android device (a small one) so that it will run the app and output it to the onboard helmet speaker, then maybe it might work! Thinking about it, didn't they have something on their belt in the back going up to the helmet? Or maybe someone could run a wire under the suit from a small clip on the belt that holds the device but the mic would have to be in the helmet too. Some android devices are pretty small and must MIGHT fit inside the helmet. You may want to google for "mini android device". Or find a device that is phone sized and has mic input and headphone output. Headphone output would go to the speaker in the helmet. Mic input would go to an external mic in the helmet. There's some pretty small ones and some may be able to hack a good cable for it all and run under the suit to the android device.

Just one idea. You'll have to be sure that the speaker output is going to be louder than your voice, though and yet not interfere with the mic input so you don't echo yourself.

GoldCylon
Founder

Re: Cylon Voice Changer

Post by GoldCylon » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:39 pm

Those guys that wrote that app launched it here. I was the 1st freebie that gave away of the app. For a iPhone app it really isn't all that bad. Just about everything you need is there with minor adjustments needed if you are going to wear a helmet while using it.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:45 pm

As far as I can tell the Q neo apps are only for Mac devices (iPhone, iPad, etc.). Are you sure they are for Android? I can't find them in the Amazon App store. The only ones I can find for Android are either record and play back (not on-the-fly), or they sound bad. Most of us are one-to-one nuts and if it doesn't sound "just right" then we go *Cylon sour face* heehee.

@GoldCylon (or other iUsers) have you tried Qneo on your iPhone???
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:46 pm

Oh, I see your reply now GoldCylon... do you have their contact info to tell them to Android it already!? *geewhiz* I'm WAITING ;)
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

RavenLX
Raider Pilot

Post by RavenLX » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:11 pm

I just now found out that it's iPhone only and came here to mention that and you guys beat me to it. :) This bug I caught is making me not so observant lately.

If I could figure out how to make a vocoder in Java/Android I would make one. I have the Android SDK installed in my system. Thing is, I know nothing about how to program for Android right now, let alone audio stuff like that!

I went to Qneo.net and by clicking on their logo it went to email (I didn't email them yet). You can contact them at "contact" at... and their web site name I just mentioned. I typed it that way so as to prevent spam bots from getting at them. Maybe if enough people ask, then maybe they'll come up with it? Also a consideration is that some android devices won't show everything in the app store as I think the app store will only show things compatible for the device. For instance, I have android 2.2 tablets (yes, they are old) so 4.0 stuff may not even show up in the app store when I search/browse. If you have the latest and it's not there, then it probably is they didn't make an android version yet. I wish they would, too.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:14 pm

They only posted the offering aka link from this site. I haven't personally spoken with them. Sorry I have no contact information on them. Maybe search the site here a bit, and find their posting, and see if their profile has any leads or send them a PM

goldcylon1
First Centurion

Post by goldcylon1 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:35 am

If this could be figured out I would be so IN on this project. Especially for Andriod which is somehow the way it should be :cylongold:
Goldcylon@cox.net

Specter
Raider Pilot
Location: Quadrant Alpha, 19,000,000 sectars by Epsilon vector 22

Post by Specter » Sun May 12, 2019 2:46 pm

FYI: Qneo discontinued their Cylon Voice app some time ago, but they have incorporated the Silver and Gold Cylon voices into a newer app called Robot Voice Booth. It sells for $1.99.
"Eternal perfection and order is the goal of the Cylon Empire."
- Group Leader Cyrus

jimsprenkle
Phalanx Member

Post by jimsprenkle » Wed May 15, 2019 9:17 pm

Have you tried that app?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Specter
Raider Pilot
Location: Quadrant Alpha, 19,000,000 sectars by Epsilon vector 22

Post by Specter » Thu May 16, 2019 6:39 am

Yeah. It’s pretty good, and a way better deal than the $5,000+ Vocoder you need to get the completely authentic sound.
"Eternal perfection and order is the goal of the Cylon Empire."
- Group Leader Cyrus

jimsprenkle
Phalanx Member

Cylon Voice Changer

Post by jimsprenkle » Thu May 16, 2019 6:41 am

Specter wrote:Yeah. It’s pretty good, and a way better deal than the $5,000+ Vocoder you need to get the completely authentic sound.
Thank you.

Just downloaded it. It’s real close. Close enough nobody will question it. Most people hear with their eyes if that makes sense. Going to have fun with it

Return to “Centurion Builders' Forum”