Purple or Black undersuit?

Tips, tricks, inside secrets, help, sources, items used on making the Cylon Centurion suit to wear. Tell us your story, how you came about collecting your parts to a Centurion, or if you own a complete Centurion costume.
Christina
Centurion

Purple or Black undersuit?

Post by Christina » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:31 pm

I have a Kropserkel Cylon with a black undersuit but I’m upgrading to a screen accurate made undersuit by Cordula the seamstress in Germany that makes replica suits.

I’m torn between the purple or black undersuit. I know purple is screen accurate but I prefer the look of the black and eventually I’d like to upgrade my Cylon Centurion to the Cylon Centurion Commander who wore black. It’s a expensive upgrade for the undersuit so I can’t do both.

How many went with black over purple for their Cylons?

rustycylon
Squadron Leader

Re: Purple or Black undersuit?

Post by rustycylon » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:43 pm

i prefer the black or dark grey, because that's how it looks on tv

Jenne
Flight Leader

Post by Jenne » Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:01 pm

Purple all the way

itookadooku
Patrol Member

Post by itookadooku » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:15 pm

Id go purple too

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:11 pm

I originally planned black-on-black as that's how they seem on screen (black or gray), but the 1:1 bug got me and I went correct plumb and gray.

If you're going to go gold, then I'd suggest a quality black-on-black will still look great with chrome and you'll be set for an accurate command Centurion. Win win.

Only we few here at BYC will know the mis-match vs 1978... casual con fans will just go, WOW, CHROME! and then call you a cyclone :roll:

P.S. the 1978 Cylon Centurion action figure had a black under suit. According to Mattel you'd be accurate.
:evillaugh:
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Christina
Centurion

Post by Christina » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:20 pm

Cylon-Knight wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:11 pm
I originally planned black-on-black as that's how they seem on screen (black or gray), but the 1:1 bug got me and I went correct plumb and gray.

If you're going to go gold, then I'd suggest a quality black-on-black will still look great with chrome and you'll be set for an accurate command Centurion. Win win.

Only we few here at BYC will know the mis-match vs 1978... casual con fans will just go, WOW, CHROME! and then call you a cyclone :roll:

P.S. the 1978 Cylon Centurion action figure had a black under suit. According to Mattel you'd be accurate.
:evillaugh:
Yeah the 1:1 part is driving me nuts. The inaccuracies of the Kropserkel kit are driving me nuts. I was thinking about a Cylon Commander but I don’t know if I’ll go that route now. I’m upgrading lots on my Kropserkel Cylon.

I decided to go with the plumb/grey. The all black accurate details would get lost.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:22 pm

:cylon: Centurion, you exist so the Cylon Empire may grow and bring order to the Universe! :cylon:
Can't wait to see the continued work, and more great photos!
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Return to “Centurion Builders' Forum”