Hello from Connecticut

Tell us about yourself. Post about yourself, your collection, builds or what you hope to collect, build.
jimsprenkle
Phalanx Member

Hello from Connecticut

Post by jimsprenkle » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:41 am

Good morning all. My name is Jim, been doing costumes for a couple years now and I have always wanted a Cylon suit. I loved the original battlestar series and watched it religiously when I was younger. I currently have a couple of 501st suits and I want a shiny one to add to my collection. A good friend of mine has a cylon helmet as a display piece in his home and whenever I get over there I always am taking it and walking around with it on. He has finally told me that I will have to get my own helmet cus I keep getting fingerprints all over his. Lol. I’m going to be taking this build slow as I have very limited space to build this and my fiancé has asked me to be a little cautious and mindful when starting up a new suit as I go overboard and make a big mess all over the dining room table.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Re: Hello from Connecticut

Post by Cylon-Knight » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:25 pm

Welcome Jim! Hope to see your build start soon. Fingerprints are the bane of every Cylon Centurion ;) heehee
I know all too well about that messy table. Check out the end of my build thread rushing to get ready for a con.

Post often and enjoy the site. Share up your 501st work in our Star Wars section if you want. We love to see all sorts of costumes here. I was just working on my own TK build tonight.
:byyourcommand:
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:09 am

Welcome on board Jim and yeah the dreaded finger prints are one of the down sides of handling chrome. Glad you found us to help the dream come true building your shinny side. :cylongold: :cylongold: :cylongold:

jimsprenkle
Phalanx Member

Post by jimsprenkle » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:28 pm

Fingerprints make the black look bad too. :evillaugh:
Attachments
B3A74DA6-D33F-4999-A62C-A3BB4D90A561.jpeg
AB7BF6B2-6768-414C-B59B-0FE5E9E48846.jpeg

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:31 pm

EPIC photos!
:loveit:

Any words of advice on making an Imperial Officer uniform?
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Return to “Say Hi”