#3: The Lost Warrior

Discussions about the 1978 TV & Movie series.

What does everyone think of “#3: The Lost Warrior"?

Excellent ****
40%
Very Good ***1/2
40%
Good ***
20%
Average **1/2
No votes
Mediocre **
No votes
Poor *1/2
No votes
Awful *
No votes

Total votes: 5

Croft2014
Raider Pilot

#3: The Lost Warrior

Post by Croft2014 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:37 pm

This one I seem to remember missing on original transmission and I caught up with it latter on. A solid filler episode and one that was rushed into production when the network insisted Larson and Co. go to full series.

It doesn't really put a foot wrong with Claude Earl Jones being impressive as the slimy villain. I also liked Lance Legault as the rather amusingly names Bootes (boot-eze is a name in the UK for a babies' boots).

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Re: #3: The Lost Warrior

Post by Cylon-Knight » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:37 pm

Ah... The Lost Warrior. A great episode that started a "planet-of-the-week, helping someone" type of section for the series. A lot like the future Knight Rider would be.

With all the current buzz about reboots and spin-offs, side-stories, etc. Red Eye would be a good one.

Clearly, he's been on Equellus for some time - longer than the Galactica has been running from the destruction of the Colonies. Where are his two shipmates if he came by Raider (P.S. Where is his Raider!)? How did La Certa know to reprogram an advanced alien automaton, or did he luck out finding a malfunctioning "lost puppy" mode, Centurion? :shock: Why is the Cylon occupation of this human world so little, seemingly ignored by the Empire? It can't be too far from the Colonies, they know of space travel, they would be easy to overwhelm, it has resources the Cylons could utilize. Odd. I know, I know... it's all for the "old west" type, remote, back-in-the-day, homestead, pioneer feeling the script called for, it's just... SPACE ODYSSEY. ;)
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Croft2014
Raider Pilot

Post by Croft2014 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:06 pm

The whole thing about these little pockets of humans being ignored by the Cylons is a bit of a cockup, especially considering the whole premise of this series. I suppose it's because of the rushed nature of the series in the early days. Larson wanted to just complete the mini series and then come back with a full first season a year later.

Scott
Raider Gunner

Post by Scott » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:44 am

I gave it a "very good" all because of Richard Hatch. He performs very believable in the "single mother syndrome" storyline. Plus, who wouldn't want to draw down against a Cylon in a sci-fi cowboy setting? Plastic hats, and a annoying kid (even when I was 12 I thought that) can't keep me from liking this episode.

johnnybear
Raider Commander

Post by johnnybear » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:35 am

This was one episode I knew I'd enjoy before I ever saw it after reading the 1979 StarLog BSG episode guide! Red Eye was great with his hammered armour which he must still have polished despite his vision problems thinking Lacerta was the Imperious Leader! This was the best of the Wild West episodes I always thought and the finale was very exciting! :cylon:
JB

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:56 pm

Plus... no Centurion sparkles as well as Red Eye ;)

:shock: *ZAP* *SIZZLE* :shock:
:frack:
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

johnnybear
Raider Commander

Post by johnnybear » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:11 am

Indeed he was a mass of glossy smudges and glitter, especially at the end! :salute:
JB

Return to “1978 TV Series”