#10: War of the Gods, Parts 1&2

Discussions about the 1978 TV & Movie series.

What does everyone think of "#10: War of the Gods"?

Excellent ****
100%
Very Good ***1/2
No votes
Good ***
No votes
Average **1/2
No votes
Mediocre **
No votes
Poor *1/2
No votes
Awful *
No votes

Total votes: 5

Croft2014
Raider Pilot

#10: War of the Gods, Parts 1&2

Post by Croft2014 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:43 pm

Easily the best storyline after "Saga of the Star World". Macnee is excellent as Iblis and the mystery behind his people is intriguing. At the time I was convinced the crashed ship was the Pegasus and the dead in the ruins Kane, hence why Apollo and Starbuck not wanting Sheba to see. However, if it was a dead demon then it was sexist writing. After all, she's a warrior just like them; why should she not see the corpse any more than they should?

bishopdonmiguel
Phalanx Leader

Re: #10: War of the Gods, Parts 1&2

Post by bishopdonmiguel » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:37 pm

If I witnessed something disturbing, I’d urge any Warrior, male or female, against a curious look. As there were no other Warriors present, we don’t know the true motivation of Starbuck and Apollo but I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:24 pm

This one defiantly holds seeds for future episodes (if the show had continued)... or even a good base for a continuation/remake/reboot, what have you.

As noted in the show...
"Then for my voice to be the voice of the Imperious Leader, it would have to have been transcribed into a machine leader a thousand yahrens ago. I’d have to be a thousand yahrens old." (https://www.byyourcommand.net/transcrip ... pt-10.html)

How can the Imperious Leader have Iblis' voice?! Were the Cylons really "overthrown" by their own creations? Or was it Iblis? Did the machines really give a rip about human Colonies (aliens) - or, again, was it all Iblis and a score to settle? :shock: ...if only there was a season 2, 3, 4! :D

Why is that when you see something nasty - no one look!
But if something tastes nasty, here TRY IT. :twisted:
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Specter
Raider Pilot
Location: Quadrant Alpha, 19,000,000 sectars by Epsilon vector 22

Post by Specter » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:18 pm

Sheba had become completely devoted to Iblis, so Apollo wanted to spare her a rude awakening to the truth of what Iblis really was.
Simple as that.
"Eternal perfection and order is the goal of the Cylon Empire."
- Group Leader Cyrus

johnnybear
Raider Commander

Post by johnnybear » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:05 am

I'd say that Iblis maybe interfered with the Cylons many centuries before by the same methods that he tried to use on the Galactica but they probably rejected him too but after their machines had been programmed with independent thought and then they overthrew their reptilian masters or forced cybernetic conversion upon them first! The voice of Iblis is definitely the same as The Imperious Leader, at least in BSG and not in G80, so he must have been around meddling back then!
JB

Return to “1978 TV Series”