Buck Rogers In The 25th Century(1979) film premise

Frozen in a freak mishap, astronaut Captain William "Buck" Rogers is returned to Earth ... 500 YEARS LATER!
Steve Gerard
Citizen

Buck Rogers In The 25th Century(1979) film premise

Post by Steve Gerard » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:28 pm

For storytelling purposes, I like the Earth depicted in the Buck Rogers In The 25th Century(1979) film, but not the re-edited "Awakening" pilot version and the first season of the series.
In the 1979 film:
Inner City[New Chicago] there is only one city on Earth with the planet ravaged by nuclear war 1987.
Earth Defense Directorate has a force shield encompassing the outer Earth's atmosphere so not even the Draconian's can land on Earth.
The computer council rules the Inner City.
Earth Defense Directorate Starfighter[Thunderfighter] are only 2-seaters which look the best.
Both in the 1979 film and the 1979-80 first season:
Earth Defense Directorate Starfighter[Thunderfighter] squadrons protect Earth without a large capital starship.
The Draconian Empire have large capital starships known as Draconian StarFortress with squardons of Draconian Marauder Bombers on board.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Re: Buck Rogers In The 25th Century(1979) film premise

Post by Cylon-Knight » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:21 pm

The computer council is very interesting, to me. I've researched them A LOT rewatching the show. (Dr. Theopolis build one day!)

Too bad they were not explored more, what they each did, how they are created and such. Some of them were pretty sour it seems vs the good Doctor ;)
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Steve Gerard
Citizen

Post by Steve Gerard » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:31 pm

Cylon-Knight wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:21 pm
The computer council is very interesting, to me. I've researched them A LOT rewatching the show. (Dr. Theopolis build one day!)

Too bad they were not explored more, what they each did, how they are created and such. Some of them were pretty sour it seems vs the good Doctor ;)
Agree, the Computer Council assorted Quads were extremely interesting with these artificial intelligence computers running the Inner City.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:57 pm

It would have been cool if they also explored Earth more too. The inner city vs outer edges of it. We saw a glimpse of it in Awakening... quite a stark contract that could have made for some good episodes.
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Steve Gerard
Citizen

Post by Steve Gerard » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:31 pm

Cylon-Knight wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:57 pm
It would have been cool if they also explored Earth more too. The inner city vs outer edges of it. We saw a glimpse of it in Awakening... quite a stark contract that could have made for some good episodes.
Definitely, I wanted to see Buck explore the 25th century Earth too.

goldcylon1
First Centurion

Post by goldcylon1 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:22 pm

If a Dr is built a Twiki must wear it :cylongold:
Goldcylon@cox.net

Return to “Buck Rogers - General Discussion”