Geetings from Ireland

Tell us about yourself. Post about yourself, your collection, builds or what you hope to collect, build.
welshchris77
Patrol Leader

Geetings from Ireland

Post by welshchris77 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:25 am

Hi everyone,

I first want to thank you for accepting me into your community!, I am a huge sci-fi nerd and also a an active member of the 501st legion 'Ireland Garrison', I have a fully cleared centurion level stormtrooper costume TK11677 and I have been trooping for nearly two years with the Garrison.

For the last while I have been seriously thinking about a second costume, either Boba Fett or a Cylon and I have decided to do a Cylon :cylon:

I just need a little advice here!, I have looked at the kropserkel 'The full outfit' and am very tempted, I am fully capable of building costumes and props but getting most of the stuff in kit form from Kropserkel I wouldnt be saving much money really in the grand scheme of things, has anyone bought the 'ready to wear' full outfit from them before and how did they find the build quality?

any advice on this or other options would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Chris Lewis

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Re: Geetings from Ireland

Post by Cylon-Knight » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:17 pm

Hello and welcome, welshchris77! Glad to have you join.

Good news you picked a Classic Cylon Centurion vs Boba Fett! :D
(But Fett does rock - you should just do BOTH :twisted:)
:evillaugh:

The Krop kit is a great starting point, a ready-to-go suit is awesome! You'll eventually upgrade various parts if the 1:1 bug bites you. But only hard-core builders found here would really be able to spot the differences (due to our VERY advanced, alien technology, Cylon Empire scanner eyes). ;)

Looking forward to your build!

Now, you have to tasks before you Centurion:
(1) Post often and enjoy the site.
(2) During your build, follow my motto...
:CK:

P.S. Share some TK pics if you like! We don't frown on non-Cylon stuff. You might beef up our Star Wars area... it needs more threads *hint hint*
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

welshchris77
Patrol Leader

Post by welshchris77 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:47 pm

Cylon-Knight wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:17 pm
Hello and welcome, welshchris77! Glad to have you join.

Good news you picked a Classic Cylon Centurion vs Boba Fett! :D
(But Fett does rock - you should just do BOTH :twisted:)
:evillaugh:

The Krop kit is a great starting point, a ready-to-go suit is awesome! You'll eventually upgrade various parts if the 1:1 bug bites you. But only hard-core builders found here would really be able to spot the differences (due to our VERY advanced, alien technology, Cylon Empire scanner eyes). ;)

Looking forward to your build!

Now, you have to tasks before you Centurion:
(1) Post often and enjoy the site.
(2) During your build, follow my motto...
:CK:

P.S. Share some TK pics if you like! We don't frown on non-Cylon stuff. You might beef up our Star Wars area... it needs more threads *hint hint*
Thank you so much for the warm welcome.

I would love to do Fett as well as a Cylon but I think my partner would leave me :bsglol:

The Krop kit looks great but I probably will end up upgrading etc, my moto is why make thing easy when I can make them hard! :blush:

I will start a build thread as soon as pieces start to arrive!

I will certainly share some of my TK pic too, I am the first and only person in Ireland to take my 'a new hope' stunt TK armour to level 3 (centurion) in the 501st legion 'Ireland Garrison'.

:byyourcommand:
Chris Lewis

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:57 pm

Very interesting!
You'll have to tell this Cylon at least what "level 3" in the 501st entails when you post it.

The Imperious Leader only told me about ZAP and BOOM ;) :cylon:
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:34 am

Welcome on board, and happy 39th anniversary to Battlestar Galactica. :cylongold:

Return to “Say Hi”