Ok, Let's get the costume party started!

Frozen in a freak mishap, astronaut Captain William "Buck" Rogers is returned to Earth ... 500 YEARS LATER!
Count Iblis
Spare Parts

Ok, Let's get the costume party started!

Post by Count Iblis » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:18 pm

I know this is a BSG forum, but I thought I would share a few of my screen used Buck Rogers in the 25th Century costumes.

I don't have a ton, and I still have to photograph a couple, but here is the first one:

Season 1 Buck Rogers white jumpsuit

To my knowledge, this is the only white one in existence, and there is a story behind it. This was once the blue jumpsuit sold at the 2003 Profiles auction.

....wait, what?

All of Buck's season 1 white jumpers were dyed blue for season 2, including this one. After it was sold by Profiles, it was stored improperly somewhere along the way and the blue was horribly faded in bad shapes all over (imagine it being sloppily draped over a towel rack and set in the sun for a year). I figured I had two options: Have the color removed to even it out and have it redyed blue, or if all the color came out, leave it white. You can't simply bleach a costume as you will destroy it, so I sent it in to a conservatory to have the blotchy blue dye removed. It still has a light violet tint to it, but they didn't want to risk going further, and I agreed. I figure it can be dyed blue later if I wanted.

More later!
Last edited by Count Iblis on Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GoldCylon
Founder

Re: Ok, Let's get the costume party started!

Post by GoldCylon » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:57 pm

Oh I love it, and how you restored it. The studios are known for wreaking just about everything they get their hands on even if custom made for a certain actor. Can't wait to see or hear more on what else you have.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:37 pm

VERY COOL, Count Iblis! Thank you for sharing it.
No worries - We love BSG - and beyond. Keep on posting up more of your amazing collection. Thanks!
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Scott
Raider Gunner

Post by Scott » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:12 am

I love Buck, just noticed your posts. Awesome to see one of these jumpsuits still exist. I had no idea a Kane costume was auctioned off, I would have been bidding against you...LOL. Thanks for sharing photos! :salute:

I used to own one of the Buck Val-Zhan costumes, and rubber stunt pistol.

Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin
It’s my birthday

Post by Red Eye » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:49 am

Great stuff! :loveit:

Here's a scan of the PiH catalog page for Buck's Val-Zhan prisoner costume:

"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

Scott
Raider Gunner

Post by Scott » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:26 pm

Yes, that's the auction I bought the items from. I still have a Buck prop with blinking lights, and a strap for carrying it around. It was originally white, but is painted black now. You can see several of these hanging on the walls in the episode Olympiad. I think Buck destroys one in the episode. I could never find it in a Buck episode painted black with the strap added. Maybe it had been altered for another Universal show. I had the high bid on several other items that did not meet the reserve. Sadly one was a Galactica: 1980 costume. I still have a bunch of the hardcopy printouts from that auction showing the winning amounts, etc. I remember someone with the ebay name (back when you could see bidders IDs) Dr. Galen bought quite a few things.

Red Eye
It’s my birthday

Post by Red Eye » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:14 pm

Scott wrote:I still have a bunch of the hardcopy printouts from that auction showing the winning amounts, etc.
The list of the realized prices for PiH's Hollywood Auction 16 can be found on their site:

https://www.profilesinhistory.com/wp-co ... alized.pdf
Last edited by Red Eye on Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

Red Eye
It’s my birthday

Post by Red Eye » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:23 pm

Scott wrote:I still have a Buck prop with blinking lights, and a strap for carrying it around. It was originally white, but is painted black now. You can see several of these hanging on the walls in the episode Olympiad. I think Buck destroys one in the episode. I could never find it in a Buck episode painted black with the strap added. Maybe it had been altered for another Universal show.
Is this the item you've described:

I could be wrong but I think I've seen it on Dr. Huer's table several times in one of the later episodes of season 1.

I'll have to take a look at it again and take some screencaps if you like.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:29 pm

That almost looks like it was designed for the left hand, and almost like it is solid. Great photo Red Eye. :cylongold:

Scott
Raider Gunner

Post by Scott » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:13 pm

Yep that it.

Oh yeah, if you can point it out I'd sure like to see it. I did see something that looked like it in a couple of episodes. Frank Gorshin uses a device kinda in Plot to Kill A City, but it's not what I have.

The prop still works, blinking lights, etc. The thing was scotched taped together, and like most all of Galactica/Bucks working props the inside is a mass of wires and hot glue...LOL

Red Eye
It’s my birthday

Post by Red Eye » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:27 pm

Just finished watching "Ardala Returns" and thought and I've found it, but it was a similar looking prop. So the search continues...

Red Eye
It’s my birthday

Post by Red Eye » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:13 pm

Success! I've found the exact prop being used by some Earth Defense Directorate personnel at the beginning of the episode "Flight of the War Witch".

Have a look at it here:

Additionally, here's one more screencap of the doorlock Buck destroys in the episode "Olympiad" (like you mentioned):

It looks like it was the same basic device, just painted grey.

Now, I'll move over to season 2. Perhaps I might get a better view of the prop in some of the episodes...

Scott
Raider Gunner

Post by Scott » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:45 am

Holy jeez!! YOU FOUND IT!!!

I've looked through both darn seasons TWICE and always missed it. THANKS!!

I'll snap some photo's of it this weekend, and maybe a video then I'll post it.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:09 am

That gold trim wall gives me some ideas. :cylongold:

Great find Red Eye.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:13 am

A long forgot memory recall here. It has been years (3-5) since I have seen the web page URL, but someone took the painstaking time to captured, and cataloged all of the screen used items that were doubled up in Galactica, and Buck. It was very well done. Does anyone else recall the page, and if it is even still up, and running?

Return to “Buck Rogers - General Discussion”