Helmet questions...

This is a help forum to build your classic series props and costumes.
SiR-ROUND

Helmet questions...

Post by SiR-ROUND » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:33 pm

How does one see through the eye scanner?

Looking through pics in the archive, I didn't quite catch how people can wear a helmet and still see.

In other words:

How does one rig the electronics inside the helmet?

I need ideas.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:39 pm

Good question, I'm not sure - new myself! I think there is a little slit under/over the red eye? Additionally the Salt-n-Pepper holes give more sight out the helmet too?

Side note - I was wondering yesterday how a Cylon's "sight" would look - through a Cylon's eye point of view? They never got the chance to show this in the original series.
(As in like the "Terminator Vision" - the red tinted vision, with data overlays, cross hairs, etc.)
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Galactifan
Flight Leader

Post by Galactifan » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:04 pm

On the original Cylon helmets you looked out of the tiny "Salt & Pepper" holes just above the red eye scanner on the left and right sides of the helmet...

However, on some replica Cylon Helments you look out just below the eye scanner slot.

SiR-ROUND

Post by SiR-ROUND » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:20 am

Didn't realize the eyes would sit that high inside the helmet.

Cheers.

Well, it Xplains why they didn't hit felgercarb in combat.

:lol:

nashslash
Flight Leader

Post by nashslash » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:39 am

I have a replica helmet/costume, and the way the LEDs' have been fitted there is a 1-2 MM gap/slit above them for vision. This of course is near useless, I also have holes drilled in mine similar to the originals. With the holes and the 1-2 MM gap vision is still poor and predominantly horizontal and you defiantly need a good spotter when your out and about.

SIR ROUND... I'll also get some pictures of the inside of my lid for your reference... HOT GLUE ...
www.battlefield-online.net

SiR-ROUND

Post by SiR-ROUND » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:13 am

Thanks!

Say, what if the slit is more than that? That would help? But again. I guess the yes are placed high inside the helmet.

If I get my scanner circuit done I would love to offer the best and easiest way to incorporate it into a helmet.

Cheers.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:54 am

Later on in filming the back ground helmets had a slit above the scanner and below the salt and pepper holes. Not a good idea for someone that wants to have a nice helmet today for display.

goldcylon1
First Centurion

Post by goldcylon1 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:09 pm

And the original Cylon actors still fell over the place. I felt sorry for all the cylons trying to negoiate the stairs in the castle of the "Young Lords" You can see some of that blooper action in the blooper segment of the original collection series
Goldcylon@cox.net

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:20 pm

Dirk was even speaking about how he heard the guys talking about heading up the stairs when he was escaping, but it all seemed to play out pretty good on film, one what the 20th take?...LoL

Return to “Classic Battlestar Props and Costumes”