Fiberglass or Styrene?

Tips, tricks, inside secrets, help, sources, items used on making the Cylon Centurion suit to wear. Tell us your story, how you came about collecting your parts to a Centurion, or if you own a complete Centurion costume.
GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:18 pm

No reply means that in the next step you will get a refund, if that is Pay Pal your speaking of.

Crashdown
Centurion

Post by Crashdown » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:53 pm

Refund? Nope!

eBay closed the transaction when I did not hear from the seller after 10 days of no reply to the claim when I basically clicked on next step.

So I opened a PayPal claim and they closed it will out even notifying me. I called them and they told me to go screw because I had not filed the claim within 45 days of the transaction.

I have now opened a dispute with the credit card company.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:03 pm

WoW that isn't cool, but I think I went the credit card route once before myself, and it didn't work out. They said the transaction was with Pay Pal, and I didn't have a beef with Pay Pal. A lot of policy changes have taken place since then, so hope that is one of them changes, and hope it works out. I'll send an email out here to one of Bentley buds, and see if that can lite a fire.

cybertrooper
Raider Pilot

Post by cybertrooper » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:38 pm

Hey Dale, I assume that neither Bentley or Brad have responded to your queries (they haven't to mine).
A check of eBay shows that bent10_4 is no longer a registered user. Sadly this outcome is all too common in the prop makers world, and the rpf site has too many similar stories.
I hope Bentley gets back on his feet and fills the orders he accepted money for. Why oh why do so many dealers accept money for something they haven't made?
Last edited by cybertrooper on Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:58 pm

I sent an email off to Brad, I don't have any contact information for Bentley. Brad stated the his emails to Bentley have gone unanswered for a while, and that he no longer has any idea where he his. I guess he moved on.
I have one more method of trying to contact Bentley. I'll get back ASAP on what I hear.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Tue May 13, 2008 8:25 am

Hey Crashdown what is the word on your refund? I'd like to speak in a PM about this also.

cybertrooper
Raider Pilot

Post by cybertrooper » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:26 am

Any updates on this? Did it ever work out?

Crashdown
Centurion

Post by Crashdown » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:40 pm

Nada. I called the CC company and they sent me a form that was dated such that I had to return it to them in 2 days. Now no claim.

Jon

cybertrooper
Raider Pilot

Post by cybertrooper » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:18 am

Very, very uncool - I would have hoped for more from a credit card company.

Also why do so many prop makers end up becoming unreliable, and disappear after not filling multiple orders? (that is a rhetorical question).
Last edited by cybertrooper on Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SiR-ROUND

Post by SiR-ROUND » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:57 pm

Indeed, be very careful with who you deal with nowadays. It ain't funny anymore.

As for eBay, saying they have buyer protection is crap! All they care about is seller fees anyway.

Crashdown
Centurion

Post by Crashdown » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:54 pm

I actually heard from the CC company and they said too much time had passed, please go screw.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:49 pm

Wow, sorry the sale got insane! Bummer.

I was wondering... about how much does a full outfit weigh?
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Return to “Centurion Builders' Forum”