Lost Scene of the Gods

Discussions about the 1978 TV & Movie series.
Hope It Is The Grog
Squadron Leader

Lost Scene of the Gods

Post by Hope It Is The Grog » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:21 pm

Thought this question might get lost in the other thread, so I'm posting it separately.

Does any known version of Lost Planet of the Gods include the scene with the cadets sitting at simulators while Starbuck says, "Don't force it. Remember, you're flying a Viper. Thinking what you want it to do is enough to make it happen"? This appears in the teasers before Part 1, but then the scene never happens.

:huh:
Last edited by Hope It Is The Grog on Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

"I may move to the command chamber. I'm sure they're talking about me while I'm in here."
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sufferin ... 2291161676

Scott
Raider Gunner

Re: Lost Scene of the Gods

Post by Scott » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:08 am

As far as I'm aware that scene appeared in the teaser only. It never appeared in a final cut of the broadcast episode, or the telemovie version.

Hope It Is The Grog
Squadron Leader

Post by Hope It Is The Grog » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:57 am

Thanks. Quite an oddity. :smile:
"I may move to the command chamber. I'm sure they're talking about me while I'm in here."

137th Gebirg
Flight Leader

Post by 137th Gebirg » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:05 pm

NuBSG had the same problem. While I cannot remember specific instances (it's been too long), I do recall seeing many "previously, on Battlestar Galactica" scenes in the beginning that I don't recall ever happening in previous episodes. Nothing too catastrophic, but there were a couple that were some head-scratches, IIRC.

Now, come to think of it, when did it change from showing sneak-peek scenes in the beginning of an episode to scenes from previous episodes? Sometime in the 80's I think, but I can't honestly remember who started that trend.
I may appear unoccupied to you, but at the molecular level, I'm really quite busy.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:54 pm

Previews are always a bit quirky. The movie or tv show teaser company has full access to the captured production. They nor the producer is 100% sure what will or will not be used. Even after they discover the problem they just let it go as they did in the Galactica episode you mentioned. I also recall that certain clip you speak of.
Image :cylongold: :cylongold: :cylongold:

Hope It Is The Grog
Squadron Leader

Post by Hope It Is The Grog » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:03 pm

GoldCylon wrote:Previews are always a bit quirky. The movie or tv show teaser company has full access to the captured production. They nor the producer is 100% sure what will or will not be used. Even after they discover the problem they just let it go as they did in the Galactica episode you mentioned. I also recall that certain clip you speak of.
Wow, I never even knew they had teaser companies. :shock:

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:47 pm

Well most TV shows are not out sourced to make the next week previews, but movie releases are. They shop around on Sunset Strip for the best tease that they can find. :grin: :wtf: :nah: :cool: :lol:

Hope It Is The Grog
Squadron Leader

Post by Hope It Is The Grog » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:33 pm

:roll: :nah: :grin:

Scott
Raider Gunner

Post by Scott » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:46 am

GoldCylon wrote:They nor the producer is 100% sure what will or will not be used. Even after they discover the problem they just let it go as they did in the Galactica episode you mentioned.
That's right, I've spoke at length with Jimmy Giritlian who cut the teasers/previews for many of Stephen J.Cannell series, and while Cannell Productions handled their cuts in house Giritlian said that he had access to all the footage and sometimes something he used did not make the finished episode.

At least a couple of "next week" previews on Galactica did not have Cylon voices dubbed in, so the audience heard the person inside the costume saying the lines. While the scenes did actually appear in the finished episode, it does give a example of what kind of material the editor had to work with.

Hope It Is The Grog
Squadron Leader

Post by Hope It Is The Grog » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:23 am

Scott wrote:
GoldCylon wrote: At least a couple of "next week" previews on Galactica did not have Cylon voices dubbed in, so the audience heard the person inside the costume saying the lines. While the scenes did actually appear in the finished episode, it does give a example of what kind of material the editor had to work with.
Now, that is cool. :cool:

Hope It Is The Grog
Squadron Leader

Post by Hope It Is The Grog » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:32 pm

(from the same deleted scene)

Starbuck: "Now, the actual combat flying will be easier than you think because the Cylons only have four moves. Believe me, you'll see them a million times."

:wink:

Return to “1978 TV Series”