Trooping Do's and Don'ts and how not to wreck your Cylon

Tips, tricks, inside secrets, help, sources, items used on making the Cylon Centurion suit to wear. Tell us your story, how you came about collecting your parts to a Centurion, or if you own a complete Centurion costume.
Omega Red
Phalanx Leader

Trooping Do's and Don'ts and how not to wreck your Cylon

Post by Omega Red » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:59 pm

Any of you experienced pros out there please feel free to chime in for us less experienced FNG's. I'm trying to avoid a disaster when going on my first troop. Anything like tips from suiting up (i've seen the youtube), consistant issues when trooping, what parts tend to break, dealing with people rushing at you to take a pics., using the bathroom :ugh: how much do you suit up before driving out to the event, etc.. Let's face it, these Cylons a worth alot of cubits and we don't want to wreck them when in use. I know there's alot of info on this site, maybe we can get it all in one section. :cool:

Regards
Omega"FNG"Red

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Re: Trooping Do's and Don'ts and how not to wreck your Cylon

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:48 pm

How to find out the part(s) that you need to be careful with ... a test fit. Practice, practice, practice!!! I found out on the first full suit up that my nozzle on the right arm being just hot glued on was a bad idea.... POP! Fell off in about a minute. Oops.

The best tip there is I can think of... HAVE A HANDLER!!!
I would not want to walk from one room to another without a trusted hander helping me out. Elevators, stairs, escalators... oh my
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Omega Red
Phalanx Leader

Post by Omega Red » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:42 pm

Thanks Cylon Knight! Great tips especially with the handler and care kit. I'd never have thought of that!

scifichick
Spare Parts

Post by scifichick » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:49 pm

Great advice! I had trouble with my toilet seat. Despite having provided measurements, I am still a little under the size for the parts. My bucket twisted on me while I was up on stage, and my handler was in the audience taking pics. Good lord....

Return to “Centurion Builders' Forum”