Craig's List of toys

Anything Classic Galactica that just doesn't fit into the other subjects.
GoldCylon
Founder

Craig's List of toys

Post by GoldCylon » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:47 pm

Check this out. Even aLand Ram, but what is a serious offer?
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/van/t ... 17825.html

Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin

Re: Craig's List of toys

Post by Red Eye » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:01 pm

Sadly the Landram is missing the twin cannon, two missiles and the Colonial Warrior figure... :sad:
"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:24 pm

Red Eye wrote:Sadly the Landram is missing the twin cannon, two missiles and the Colonial Warrior figure... :sad:
^ ...and... box and instructions, etc.
Even if it was "only" from Canada, it is incomplete and loose. A "serious offer" should point out these deep hits to its now less unique starting value. It is a little, old toy not a national treasure. People who over price collectibles make me GRRR. A three digit "$$$" better not be an expectation of a three digit price tag... That's insane and you tell em Cylon-Knight said so!

:cylon: :erk:
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:36 am

This posting has been deleted by its author.

g3po
Spare Parts

Post by g3po » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:03 pm

This was my posting for the Landram toy. I removed because I had a couple of offers but nothing panned out. I am a collector first, not a toy scalper lol. I have seen them sell for $2000+ over the years with box. What do you consider a fair offer on a very rare and great collectible Canadian Mattel toy. I used to have the twin gun, but sadly I can not find it anywhere. I do have this mini fig it came with. Its the same as the other colonial mini figures. I have personally never even seen another one of these toys and I have been collecting vintage toys for more than 20+ years. Why are you judging a posting with 3 dollar signs lol. I actually do not know what this toy is worth, but I would like to sell it. There is currently one for sale on eBay and he is asking $8000. Now that is crazy.

g3po

Big Al
Command Centurion

Post by Big Al » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:35 am

This one on E-bay looks pretty complete.....and I don't know what the market value would be .....that being said .....He is asking $8000.......that doesn't mean it's worth that much....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mattel-1979-BAT ... 2c69ccea51
By Your Command

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:35 pm

As for a "good price" for a Canada Landram ... thousands is crazy too much money (UNLESS it was the toy's prototype - see below).
I just did a quick Google search for "battlestar galactica landram canada" --- and found:
  • Prototype toy sold in 2006 for $2,025.00 on ebay
    "... the original Hardcopy Prototype ... is the version that is made before it goes into full production and is a one of a kind piece. This prototype sold on Ebay in 2006 for $2,025.00. The box is also only a mock-up at this stage."
    Source: http://www.lurexlounge.com/bsg/vehicles01.php
    :arrow: So, to me, no production version (even limited to Canada) could be worth (even close to) as much as the price set by the prototype's sale ($2,025.00)
  • One sold for $360 - and offer to sell another for $300
    Source: http://megomuseum.com/community/showthr ... 79-landram
  • eBay - hand crafted, wooden, 10" Landram with base, Buy it now $179.44
    HAND MADE! And larger... more detail, of the same subject - around $200... safe to guess auction frenzy could get it up to $300 range
    Source attached ebay listing (that will expire in three days... so, the pdf below for future review)
I would say... $300-ish is a fair price for the rare item for both seller and buyer. But, that's just my own personal view from the facts I found above.
Attachments
Landram Battlestar Galactica Handcrafted Wood Model Big _ eBay.pdf
ebay Landram
(204.43 KiB) Downloaded 68 times
Landram Battlestar Galactica Handcrafted Wood Model Big _ eBay.pdf
ebay Landram
(204.43 KiB) Downloaded 68 times

Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin

Post by Red Eye » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:15 am

Nice detective work you've done there, CK. :salute:

Now I think it would be easier to calculate an accurate price...
"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

Big Al
Command Centurion

Post by Big Al » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:28 pm

Red Eye wrote:Nice detective work you've done there, CK. :salute:

Now I think it would be easier to calculate an accurate price...
I would agree.....there are very few toys that are so rare and sought after that would bring that kind of money.........Original Luke Skywalker action figure with double extendable lightsaber brings around $350...........There is a serpent head that was a very limited production run from the stretch armstrong series that will bring as much as $2000 to $5000...........and a blue and red rocket ring from the the 1950's TV show Space Patrol that brings $800 to $1400........
By Your Command

g3po
Spare Parts

Post by g3po » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:18 pm

Thanks for the feedback guys. I am thinking about putting up for auction on eBay. In your opinion do you think it would be a good or bad idea to put up against the one currently up for sale for $8000? I think the interest is out there for this toy, even if it does not come with a box or cannon. :cylon:

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:54 pm

g3po, I think it would benefit you posting at the same time as the 8K one. And you are exactly right there is interest for the item! Users will see the two and - wow this one is a great deal and so much more affordable. You could probably even set a starting bid a bit higher and still it'll be closer to what the trending price is with a little extra padding in your Cylon pocket ;)

I often see two identical items up on eBay one sky high price and one down in the real world... you can guess which one I straight up ignore and which one I add to my watch list :sunglasses:

You may get a nice offer from a member here yet. I would recommend checking in with our goodie-two-shoes sister site :roll: Blackstar Squadron too. The Colonial costumers may have been looking for such a nice rare item to complete their collection?? Just a thought.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:53 am

g3po wrote:Thanks for the feedback guys. I am thinking about putting up for auction on eBay. In your opinion do you think it would be a good or bad idea to put up against the one currently up for sale for $8000? I think the interest is out there for this toy, even if it does not come with a box or cannon. :cylon:
There is an interest, but not at $8000. I think you need to research what you have in value just before you start throwing out numbers like that. That Land Ram on eBay has been listed over 6 months, and it is more of just showing it off, and also if by dumb luck someone needs one that has the money to burn. Honestly I don't recall a picture perfect Land Ram selling for more than $1200, and that was with everything, and in sealed plastic bags. You have missing parts, in the sticker range 4 or 10 in the quality. No box, and no research you aren't going to find the pile of gold at the end of the rainbow you think you might.
SERIOUS OFFERS ABOVE $500 are mostly a pipe dream or someone that really doesn't know the value. It is rare, but nor priceless.

Return to “Anything Classic Galactica”