Greetings fellow battlestar, sci-fi and fx fans

Tell us about yourself. Post about yourself, your collection, builds or what you hope to collect, build.
JtotheP
Centurion

Greetings fellow battlestar, sci-fi and fx fans

Post by JtotheP » Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:47 am

Hello from Florida---I'm JP. Thank you to our gracious host Dale for his enthusiasm for BSG and his skill in developing this web site! I am originally from Cleveland OH and came to sunny FL to persue a career in special fx makeup. The career never panned out but in the process I developed a skill to become a scenic artist which gave me the ability to make props. I am finished with a 1:1 scale working cylon centurion head from the new BSG series on sci fi channel and am currently working on a Viper/Raptor helmet from the earlier part of this series. I began as a horror movie buff with the make-up and grew into more of a sci fi freak because there is just as much-if not more F/X- in science fiction. Although I freely confess my passion for fantasy for I have also made 1/6 scale models of the trolls from Lord of the Rings.
As soon as I download pics into my computer I will post and document how I built some of my stuff. Thanks for having me and I'll see you soon.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:38 am

Great to have you on board JP. Again your work is out standing. It will be a pleasure to have you here on board as a member. I'll post your Cylon helmet photos in a day or two. (program issues at this time) I have to say I am very impressed with your work on the Cylon helmet. Fantastic work my friend. Welcome to the board, and I hope your able to share some of your other work with us. Feel free to post anything you like, and I'll be glad to host any photos you need posted as reference an/or to show your work.

Return to “Say Hi”