Armor question

This is a help forum to build your classic series props and costumes.
Spadinator
Centurion

Armor question

Post by Spadinator » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:15 pm

I was looking at some reference photos of the Cylon and was wondering what is the material on the thighs and biceps. It looks as if it is over the undersuit.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:55 am

The under suit is a two piece costume. Almost your entire body is cover, just your face, and feet are exposed. The section your asking about is part of the under suit, and that section has like many section of the suit some patch work sewn into the material that is the main part of the under suit. These patch area are back with a material called buck rum. This buck rum (available at all fabric stores) gives the patch area a very ridged form to the material. This helps give a stiff look, and feel to the Cylon to help keep the impression of a robotic look, and feel or mechanical like theme to the Cylon.

Subotai
Spare Parts

Re: Armor question

Post by Subotai » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:48 pm

Hi all! I just joined this forum and am looking to build a Cylon costume. Can anybody please steer me in the right direction? I am a member of the 501st and have built a Stormtrooper FX kit, so I'm familiar with building techniques. I'm looking for a kit if one is available. I appreciate the help!
--Marko

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:27 am

Hey Marko
Welcome on board. In the Cylon Builders section of the forum is an email, along with a step by step on how to build your Cylon kit. The posting was started last month (Jan). It is a year long project (12 months) on building your Cylon from start to finish. The February posting will be in a week or two, but follow along to start your Cylon if you have questions, or need some help.
https://byyourcommand.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=363
Dale

Subotai
Spare Parts

Post by Subotai » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:39 am

Awesome! Thanks for getting back to me so quickly and steering me to Cylon Builders section of the forum. I can't wait to begin!
--Marko

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:43 am

This is for more of the beginners that need help with their Cylon kit, but also get into some more advanced advise, and help with some of the unknowns in the Cylon.

Return to “Classic Battlestar Props and Costumes”