a Source of Cylon Armor

Tips, tricks, inside secrets, help, sources, items used on making the Cylon Centurion suit to wear. Tell us your story, how you came about collecting your parts to a Centurion, or if you own a complete Centurion costume.
DougMorency
Patrol Member

a Source of Cylon Armor

Post by DougMorency » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:46 pm

I found a couple of sources for armor.

One is cheap and cheerful - would be good to use a a base to build better and more detailed molds from, for 130.00

http://search.ebay.ca/_W0QQsassZrichardryan0_0

the other looks great and is made from fiberglass, and the cost of the armour is 550 usd and here is the link to the seller

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZbent10_4

I hope this helps.
Doug

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:00 pm

Hey Doug welcome on board. I have seen the version of the Cylon a few times from Canada a few times, and to say the least that is a fan made costume. A great low budget suit, while the 2nd link is Brad down under in Australia. He sells a great replica suit, that is screen accurate, but made out of fiber glass. Thanks for the links
Dale

DougMorency
Patrol Member

Post by DougMorency » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:12 pm

GoldCylon wrote:Hey Doug welcome on board. I have seen the version of the Cylon a few times from Canada a few times, and to say the least that is a fan made costume. A great low budget suit, while the 2nd link is Brad down under in Australia. He sells a great replica suit, that is screen accurate, but made out of fiber glass. Thanks for the links
Dale
Hi Dale,

Do you know if there is measured drawings of the basic parts for the cylon armor.

I would love to build mine out of Aluminum, and then have it polished like the sport bike frames.

I have bought the helmet from the guy in Canada, and I also have a chome BMX Helmet that I may add on to it with the fabricated parts to make the helmet.

I am also thinking of using a helmet camera as the vison for the cylon, as well as having a wearable pc for the voice modulator and the controller for the eye, as well as the controller to the rifle.

Doug

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:45 pm

I haven't seen or heard of any detailed measurements like that before. I have been asked about 3D scans also, and I haven't heard of that either.
I do have detailed photos posted in the photo gallery section. I don't think anymore than those photos as a reference is all that can be found to help with your quest. That sounds like a great challenge to make a metal version of a Cylon. Can't wait to see what you do, and or have done.

DougMorency
Patrol Member

Post by DougMorency » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:51 pm

GoldCylon wrote:I haven't seen or heard of any detailed measurements like that before. I have been asked about 3D scans also, and I haven't heard of that either.
I do have detailed photos posted in the photo gallery section. I don't think anymore than those photos as a reference is all that can be found to help with your quest. That sounds like a great challenge to make a metal version of a Cylon. Can't wait to see what you do, and or have done.
Do you still have your screen worn cylon?

would it be possible for members to post the measurements of the different pieces

I would like to start off with the neck and backpack.

I have downloaded the paper model of the helmet, and I will use that as the basis for the Aluminum helmet. bending the pieces for the neck and backpack should not be too hard.

I am also looking at the idea of pressing the pieces between a male and female molds, the same way that the make car body panels and such.

I am thinking of joining the parts with rivets that are hidden, so that they are not seen but could be drilled out and replaced.

Doug

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:57 pm

Currently my projects list is a long list of things to do, with less than a month to complete a cockpit for a Hollywood movie project. The list of to do's is very long, and taking the time need to measure the parts out isn't something I will have time to do, if at all for a while. The reference photos posted will have to do for now.

DougMorency
Patrol Member

Post by DougMorency » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:01 pm

GoldCylon wrote:Currently my projects list is a long list of things to do, with less than a month to complete a cockpit for a Hollywood movie project. The list of to do's is very long, and taking the time need to measure the parts out isn't something I will have time to do, if at all for a while. The reference photos posted will have to do for now.
Thanks Dale, and good luck with the movie

Doug

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:08 pm

DougMorency wrote:
Thanks Dale, and good luck with the movie

Doug
I wish I had more time to help, but this project list isn't a short to do list, and the movie, well I am suppling the cockpit for a Sci Fi movie as a rental. I wish I had more to do with the movie project, but I am just suppling a prop.
Maybe at a later date time will allow to help with your metal Cylon.

Return to “Centurion Builders' Forum”