Col. Tigh Gets Pranked

Discussions about the 1978 TV & Movie series.
Maj. Hassel
Citizen

Col. Tigh Gets Pranked

Post by Maj. Hassel » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:38 pm

I have a CD in my collection that is a compilation of prank calls and other recordings.

Most notably are a series of prank calls to a drinking establishment called The Tube Bar, which were the inspiration for the gag of Bart always calling Mo's Tavern on The Simpsons.

On one of the tracks is a series of calls made to talk radio stations, one of which was hosted by Terry Carter (TOS Colonel Tigh). It sounds like the recordings took place after the series ended.

I managed to extract the Col. Tigh bit from the tack and have it available for listening or download.
(Warning: There are drug references in the clip so you might want to keep it away from impessionable ears.)

Here's the clip.

Starbuck
Raider Gunner

Re: Col. Tigh Gets Pranked

Post by Starbuck » Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:30 am

Lol! Well, I was interested enough to listen to it and comment....

I think that was awful insulting to Terry. Back then lots of people where resistive to black actors on t.v. The drug call was NOT funny and was an obvious bigot/racist attempt at failed humor.
Terry Carter is among my favorite actors on the show. I love his voice and how he breaths deep and shows stress.... EXCELLENT acting!
My favorite actors(characters) are (in order), Starbuck, Apollo, Adama, Col Tigh, Athena, Cassiopia, and of corse, the Cylon Centurians :salute: :cylongold: !
"Hot pilot doesn't need all that electronic felgercarb."

FLIGHTLDR SERPENTINE
Squadron Leader

Post by FLIGHTLDR SERPENTINE » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:26 am

Aw, no Boomer?
:cylongold: "SEARCH FOR WRECKAGE... LEAVE NO SURVIVORS..."

Starbuck
Raider Gunner

Post by Starbuck » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:54 pm

FLIGHTLDR SERPENTINE wrote:Aw, no Boomer?
Oops! I can't believe I left him out! I should have put him right behind Adama....
"Hot pilot doesn't need all that electronic felgercarb."

FLIGHTLDR SERPENTINE
Squadron Leader

Post by FLIGHTLDR SERPENTINE » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:09 pm

Yea, you know, those characters were all so likable. Adama's relationship with Tigh... but I also enjoyed the friendship between Apollo, Starbuck and Boomer. :smile: I wish they'd have done more with Athena though. She just sort-of faded into the background.
:cylongold: "SEARCH FOR WRECKAGE... LEAVE NO SURVIVORS..."

Spectre
Patrol Leader

Post by Spectre » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:14 pm

FLIGHTLDR SERPENTINE wrote:Yea, you know, those characters were all so likable. Adama's relationship with Tigh... but I also enjoyed the friendship between Apollo, Starbuck and Boomer. :smile: I wish they'd have done more with Athena though. She just sort-of faded into the background.
That's because she couldn't act. Her scenes grew smaller until they just faded away.
Oh, FRACK! But I didn't say frack, I said the Queen Mother of all dirty words! The F, dash, dash, dash, dash word!

Return to “1978 TV Series”