Galactica fan film in the works (Cylon based)

A place to share what you have made, or collect.
GoldCylon
Founder

Galactica fan film in the works (Cylon based)

Post by GoldCylon » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:34 am

A short while back C.O.R.A. asked me if I would film some new original footage of my Cylon. He wanted to us the Cylon voice over work the ChrisD did. C.O.R.A. sent me a couple photos along with his idea. His idea was to use the ChrisD audio CD with a Cylon communicating with Vulpa, (the Gold Cylon) If would take a few photo against a green screen (chromakey) he would do the edit work. I bought a large green screen, and the reflection of the green on the chrome wasn't going to work. So I started building up a set. I mentioned to Chris, and CORA about this, and they it was cool. Since this was a Cylon based fan film, not much needs to be done. Maybe a smaller green screen placed up on a section on one of the wall props. Two segments will need to be film. One of a Cylon, and one of the Cylon in a different location to use as the other Cylon in the video communication. I am excepting the build up of the set to take over a month (weekend work) before filming can begin. As of today I am about 3 weeks into the set build up. A few photos below of CORA's idea work, and then some of the work I have done so far on the set. I have a lot of detail work to do, but eye height on the front panel will be the section for the green screen. Thanks for ChrisD letting us use the audio, and Jim for the idea, and the edit work.
PS ChrisD did a great job suppling the audio with a left, and right channel conversation track of the two Cylon's.

ImageImage

cybertrooper
Raider Pilot

Post by cybertrooper » Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:36 am

Hey Dale,
What is with the mixed armour of silver, gold and bronze?
Were you setting up a lighting shot for the different colours?
Have to say that the bronze seems to come off worst in the comparison - no wonder the Cylon Empire didn't seem to go that way much.

Patrick

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:10 am

The different colors are from a color test. The Cylon is really true chrome, and the other colors are a test to see what color would work best.

Return to “Show off you props, or models that you have built”