Hi from Norfolk U.K

Tell us about yourself. Post about yourself, your collection, builds or what you hope to collect, build.
lostmuppet
Centurion

Hi from Norfolk U.K

Post by lostmuppet » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:48 am

Hi folks, I'm from a sleepy costal village in Norfolk and I've just signed up. Not sure if I'm in the right place. I'm a great fan of both the original and new BSG and yes I'm an oldie who spent his pocket money on going to the cinema (42p each show) to see the original film (gosh that seems so many centons ago). I've been dabbling in model making since then but by no means am I a expert or anything and I've just aquired a battered old broken Monogram model of the Galactica. Oh it was in such a sorry state, so I thought I'd try and do something with it... I've only ever kit built straight out of a box before and never done any kit-bashing so I thought I'd give it a try. I doubt it'll turnout anywhere near all your standards but I guess we all have to learn somewhere heh..? Out of work do to having 6 heart attacks, no money due to having to bring up 2 kids myself as the wife traded me in for a younger fitter model so I'm doing everything on a budget.... a very tight budget. I believe there was an aftermarket kit for the mon/revell BSG kit but I can't find one or afford one so I'm making do with things I can find around the place. I'd put some photo's up if anyones interested but like I said I ain't no expert and ya all might laugh at my first attempts at k-bashing.. Anyway hello to you you all :grin:

GoldCylon
Founder

Hi from Norfolk U.K

Post by GoldCylon » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:43 am

Welcome lostmuppet, sorry to hear about the personal side if life but glad you found Galactica and place here to show off your builds.
Image :cylongold: :cylongold: :cylongold:

jclayman99
Raider Commander

Re: Hi from Norfolk U.K

Post by jclayman99 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:23 am

I too am sorry to hear of your tough personal times, but glad you are here. have fun and welcome.
If "they" say it can't be done, it just means "they" cant do it.
JCLAY

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:03 am

lostmuppet, welcome! Wow, You've been through a lot and keep on going - you are Cylon strong!!
Glad you've found us and am looking forward to seeing your pics. Please do post them up - no one will laugh, or I'll ban then ;) (Evil Cylon! lol) 1/2 the part of any build is the passion behind it. Sounds like your love of Battlestar Galactica can only lead to awesome projects.

As you are a ship builder - I'd like to recommend you visit http://www.studioscalemodelers.com in addition to ByYourCommand.net. Our own member dbhs is on staff there and -OH MY WOW- they build THE MOST AMAZING ships (of all types from Star Wars, Trek, Battlestar, etc.). I admit they do stuff not suited for "a very tight budget" - however, you can learn so much from the great people there --- AND HERE!

Welcome again - post often, and enjoy the site.
:byyourcommand:
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

lostmuppet
Centurion

Post by lostmuppet » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:11 am

Thanks all for your warm welcome... I indeed wll be happy to post some pics very soon of the work in progress, thanks again, nice to meet you all.

Big Al
Command Centurion

Post by Big Al » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:02 pm

Welcome to the Basestar! :cylon:

From the description of your personal problems ....we could be brothers!...LOL (well except for the heart attacks)

There are alot of great guy's here that can answer any questions you might have.

Looking forward to seeing you pics.

Big Al
:byyourcommand:
By Your Command

Return to “Say Hi”