SinkHole in my backyard, I lower my Camera into it!!

Talk about just about anything you like. Your projects you have on your work bench, TV shows you like, or miss, etc.
Starbuck
Raider Gunner

SinkHole in my backyard, I lower my Camera into it!!

Post by Starbuck » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:19 pm

This sinkhole in my backyard was about the size of a groundhog (Marmot) hole 10 years ago, with the recent rains it's now over 4 foot diameter...
I wondered what's down there :huh: :ugh: A Cave? An underground stream?? Other??
I worked up my nerve to send my digicam on a mission...

I made the music for this with F.L.Studio 9, It's in STEREO...

Most of it is my own, made from scratch, but there are some samples from Indiana Jones-Raiders Of The Lost Ark (Idol's Temple) and also...
Escape From The Ovion Mine, by Stu Phillips (Anthology Version) as you will see (Hear) :)

Thanks again Red Eye for showing me how to obtain a copy of the Anthology :) .

If you guys are bored and can stand to sit thru some swinging cam footage, I slow down and enhance the footage that counts... freezing it when necessary...
-Enjoy the spooky experience...

"Hot pilot doesn't need all that electronic felgercarb."

GoldCylon
Founder

Re: SinkHole in my backyard, I lower my Camera into it!!

Post by GoldCylon » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:27 pm

Did you have a live feed that you watched from above? What I want to know is what were the red lights at 1:45, 2:01, and something else around 5:03. Very cool what ever it was, plus the bottle of oil container.

Starbuck
Raider Gunner

Post by Starbuck » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:22 am

That's a negative on the live feed, I just lowered the cam down with two strings so that I could turn the cam 360 degrees plus raise and lower it (the angle of view, not just raise and lower the whole apparatus). One string was tied to the back of the flashlight and the other one tied to the side of the cam. The flashlight was just taped on the cam with electric tape.
After bringing the cam up and watching the vid, I then lowered it back down because I then knew where to look for the details. I think the red bottle is actually a water bottle that some poor biker lost... It wasn't mine, God only knows where it came from and how it got down there. The original vid was actually sideways (cause that's how the cam was lowered in) the tie point for the hand strap is on the side of the cam, I used W Movie Maker to Flip the vid, hence the grey bars, unfortunatly, this also lowered the quality of the vid...

The only thing red I see in the vid (besides background noise/grain) is the bottle and some tree roots.

Starbuck
Raider Gunner

Post by Starbuck » Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:04 pm

Well Dale, I finally figured out what the red things are that you're seeing in the vid.

They are "Longtailed Salamanders". I didn't even notice them before, but after seeing bunches of them coming up out of the sinkhole in the Spring, I went back and looked at the vid and they are all over the place in the vid! I can't believe I never noticed them.

Anyways I filmed a new vid which shows tons of them... Maybe I'll get around to uploading it someday.
:byyourcommand:

jclayman99
Raider Commander

Post by jclayman99 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:53 pm

Wow that was Fraking Cool. Thanks for the adventure into the unknown. Very exciting.
If "they" say it can't be done, it just means "they" cant do it.
JCLAY

Return to “Anything Off Topic”