Will a fight over $$$ ruin the dream???

Talk about just about anything you like. Your projects you have on your work bench, TV shows you like, or miss, etc.
LarryDale140
Patrol Member

Will a fight over $$$ ruin the dream???

Post by LarryDale140 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:05 pm

Hi

Looks like Glen is suing Universal over past profits.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/07/13/unive ... attlestar/

I guess this means that the movie will never see the light of day. Or maybe, he will use it as leverage to get the movie made????

Larry

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Re: Will a fight over $$$ ruin the dream???

Post by Cylon-Knight » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:30 pm

Nice find, LarryDale140.

I don't think Glen will get any money... it's been a LOOOOOOOOONG time, doubt any court would say he's due anything.
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:33 am

I guess I should have posted this link 2-3 days ago when it was sent to me. I first have to say I haven't read the article except the 1st few lines. I do know enough though that it is common practice for the studios not to pay the producers, and or the actors the royalties owed to them. Each time a movie or TV show airs or plays in a theater the credit members are paid even all media versions like VHS, DVD, Blu-ray and so forth. 100 years even after the show is/was made the estate (family) will receive the royalties. About 10 to 15 years ago a specific wording in a Disney movie said electronic media, and Disney though that since the word VHS or DVD wasn't inserted in the contract they didn't have to pay. Well this was decades before any home viewing devices were even thought of, and they were found guilty, and had to pay a hefty fine, and all back royalties.

Big Al
Command Centurion

Post by Big Al » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:05 pm

Gold Cylon is right...This has been a practice for years..and I remember the big fluff over home VCR's and how the studios were fighting to stop them....so this is nothing new..

I hope Glen Wins.

There has been alot of industry people screwed out of their royalties over the years.

Paramount still claims they don't make money from the Star Trek franchise.

Go get em Glen!
By Your Command

Return to “Anything Off Topic”