Comicon Regulars

Fan films, sounds, art, wallpaper images - and more. A rag tag fleet of fun.
Huttman
Patrol Leader

Comicon Regulars

Post by Huttman » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:09 pm

I see these guys every year. I would see them and think to myself, "one day". But after some time has passed of me researching and learning how to put together my own armor (and showing GoldCylon) this video when he was here, the "wow" factor is kind of gone. Maybe not to the untrained eye, but to me, its different. Just like when I joined the 501st 4 years ago, I have become a bit of a perfectionist in my work. Alas, in the end when I do charity work in whatever star wars realm costume, the kids know no better. They dont know about any inconsistencies or out of place components (if any, lol). They just love us.

Now, on to this video. I took it KNOWING I was going to post it here. I wanted people to see it and these guys for the armor. So going down the escalator, thats me holding the camera with the hat. Before I started filming, I asked one of them, "hey, are you guys member of ByYourCommand.Net?" The one guy sharply replied, "NO".

To view the video, click HERE

Feel free to comment on the armor. Krop armor? why would they allow their neck to show? Why black undersuit for the silvers?

Dont get me wrong, im not looking to bash these guys, just learn the noticeable differences..

-At what age should you tell a highway that it is adopted?

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Re: Comicon Regulars

Post by Cylon-Knight » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:23 pm

BAH! My work has the vid blocked. I'll watch it tonight and reply... I have a few items I'm pondering from your post... more later.
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:29 pm

I like how they just walk in and stop in the doorway. I guess if you are there to exterminate you block the door... :lol:
Now yes these are Krop suits, and they have a lot of off items.
Under suit..............OFF
Back Pack..............OFF
Skirt.....................OFF
Biceps..................OFF
Boots...................OFF
Gloves..................OFF
Belt......................OFF
Inside ankle.....MISSING
Method putting it all together to far OFF to keep in a small line..........OFF

Besides that it is an outstanding suit...... :lol:

Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin
It’s my birthday

Post by Red Eye » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:51 pm

Looks like they've reworked the backpack a bit...

I also like the idea of the added lights at the back, even if it's not screen-accurate...
"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:23 pm

GoldCylon wrote:Besides that it is an outstanding suit...... :lol:
Indeed - this did make me "lol"
Good one GoldCylon!!!

Huttman
Patrol Leader

Post by Huttman » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:57 pm

I was going to ask about the lights. Would you consider putting them in? Or would it take away the dominance of the eye?

Skullbeast
Outpost Commander

Comicon Regulars

Post by Skullbeast » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:28 pm

I'm doing lights but a little more contrived then those erratic ones they have. I will also not deviate from the pattern. Theirs are to all over the place for me.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:18 pm

Saw the vid finally! NICE WORK HUTTMAN! :salute:

I think the lights are a nice touch; I like the Command Centurion

Huttman
Patrol Leader

Post by Huttman » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:06 pm

Cylon-Knight wrote:Saw the vid finally! NICE WORK HUTTMAN! :salute:

Man, I'll say one thing for them that was ROCKING - they all three sure can move around well. I wonder how their suits are geared for vision????? It is too hard to see any salt n pepper holes.
@Huttman, did you notice any salt n pepper holes? Or did they have slits above the scanner?
There was a slot that went along the top of the scanner. They didnt seem to have any issues walking around at all..

Galactifan
Flight Leader

Post by Galactifan » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:33 am

Although not screen accurate, I do kind of dig the lights on the backpack. Pretty cool that they all go in a group dressed as centurions.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:37 am

Galactifan wrote:Although not screen accurate, I do kind of dig the lights on the backpack. Pretty cool that they all go in a group dressed as centurions.
Yes, they have done some creative stuff. I wish they would join up here.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:48 am

Well if these guys are the three I think they are they won't join up. Years ago they contacted me on chrome work about 8 weeks before Comic Con. I quoted them a price, and I guess they thought they could get it better else where, and then 3-4 weeks later they came back and said OK we can't find a better price. Lets do it. I said I was laid up from surgery, and not sure if I could get the work done basically in 3 weeks discounting back, and forth shipping time. They said lets try anyway. I asked them to sign wavers that because of the compressed time frame I couldn't offer a guarantee. They signed the wavers, and I did the work. They work came out great. I took photos of all the work and they loved it. I shipped it off before the clear coat had 100% dried because they needed the pieces NOW. The Con was 3 days away, and the delivery point was 2 days away. While in route the heat of the summer must have effected the clear coat. About 75% of the pieces arrived with a burnt look to the finish. They weren't happy, and to say the least I was shocked also that what had happened. I made an offer to redo them at a extreme cut rate to basically cover some of my cost over just telling them so sorry you signed a waver. They agreed, but time went by, and I heard nothing nor received any money. I wrote it off and put it behind me. Then about 9 or 10 months later I got an email from one of the guys asking me about the status of the armor. I told Carlos I had not heard back or ever relieved anything back from anyone, and thought it was done any over. He was under the impression given by the guy that set up the deal I had the armor. I corrected him on where the armor was at. Now the guy with all the armor is now removing the finish off the pieces and getting ready to send it off while letting his friends think I had the 3 suits the entire time. Well bottom line the same time frame is lining up with the same issue as before except this time he guy with the suits send me pieces at a time. Not everything at once, and those that arrived 1st were chromed, clear coated, and dried 24 hours before I sent them out. Some of the piece made it back before I received everything. So the last pieces show up, and again I am dealing with a lack of time to work on these pieces. The same problem as the year before happens again. I take some of my personal pieces and send off what I could ti fill in the order. I sent back about 90-95% of three Cylons and didn't want to waste my time with items not ready. They couldn't get suited up with 3 Cylons, and blamed me. They sent my pieces back, and I sent them their back with a few pieces unfinished, and 2-3 pieces that didn't make it. I had about 8 Cylons I was chroming at the time, and since they missed Comic Con as Cylons again they were mad. Put of my hands that they waited so long to get to work on the chroming, and my fault for even taking on the job with such a short time frame to work with. Any way they wanted all their money back because they thought I sat on the parts for one year. The guy that had the pieces lied to his other 2 friends about where the parts were. They believed him since he was there friend, and I was a no one some 500 miles away they never met. They threaten to sue me if I didn't return their money to them, but I reminded them of the waver they signed, and never heard from them again. The following year those 3 Cylons showed up at Comic Con, and have been there every year since then.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:26 am

Frakkin Cylons! ;)

Wow, that stinks.

I thought that Krops came chromed? Was there a time they didn't? Or perhaps they were after a re-chrome. Hummm... wild stuff. I can't believe they acted like that after you did so much to try and help with a fix after something you didn't even cause happened.

Oh well, if they want to be fuddy duddies and poo on us all at ByYourCommand.net........ THIER LOSS! ;)
:byyourcommand:

Jenne
Flight Leader

Post by Jenne » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:27 pm

Nice Cylons, i would love to have one of them some year

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:44 pm

Cylon-Knight wrote:Frakkin Cylons! ;)

Wow, that stinks.

I thought that Krops came chromed? Was there a time they didn't? Or perhaps they were after a re-chrome. Hummm... wild stuff. I can't believe they acted like that after you did so much to try and help with a fix after something you didn't even cause happened.

Oh well, if they want to be fuddy duddies and poo on us all at ByYourCommand.net........ THIER LOSS! ;)
:byyourcommand:
One of the Cylons I chromed they sold on eBay, and all 3 of them if the same guys went Krop. The suits they sent me were not Krop. I saw Carlos tagged on FaceBook a while back at ComicCon and he was with 2 other Cylons. Carlos was a big guy. They had to super size his helmet. They called him a melon head. Not my name but the guy that set of the chroming gig.

Return to “Media - Video - Sound Clips -Music”