Post by Cylon-Knight » Sun May 01, 2011 6:08 pm

Awesome link! Thanks gremlin.
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Big Al
Command Centurion

Re: paper models

Post by Big Al » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:04 pm

:cylongold: Bazooka Jo Old School Paper Cylon

:cylon: I don't know if anybody has seen this (I'm Sure They have)

But Here's the link Bazooka Jo.me.uk

AllSquare1002.jpg
All4Web.jpg
BackpackCropAll.jpg
BackpackCropAll.jpg (15.37 KiB) Viewed 4342 times
BackpackCropAll.jpg
BackpackCropAll.jpg (15.37 KiB) Viewed 4342 times
NeckAllCrop.gif
By Your Command

gremlin
Flight Leader

Post by gremlin » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:05 pm

up he is also a member here... i have it but sadly its incomplete but there are more accerate then the other files i have by ekuth and movieman... they are complete if anyone wants the files i can post... the folder will have whats up in the link above by big al and the files on Zealot, oh and this one also has a paper rifle with the files too so let me know if its worth uploading...

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:13 pm

Oh yeah post away with any files you might have.

Big Al
Command Centurion

Post by Big Al » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:43 pm

Yes Yes Yes!!!!!!! Please post I joined Zealot a couple of days ago and was able to download a few files but their kinda picky about who downloads, had to make 11 post before it would let me in, then when I did get in, and started to download it told me I was downloading to fast, then I down loaded some more files about 5 or 6 I think it told me I was at my limit for the day :wtf:

When I went back today I could not find the download area :wtf:

I did get his files for the cuffs, belt, shoulder cuffs, and I think the leg cuffs,

Please post what you have!!!! :grin: :grin: :grin:
By Your Command

gremlin
Flight Leader

Post by gremlin » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:57 pm

ok i will post the whole shamboo, and just take what you need out of that... it will be in mediafile do to the size...

ok here it is enjoy!!!! :cylon: :cylongold:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/t76h7myco ... iganal.zip

Big Al
Command Centurion

Post by Big Al » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:50 pm

Cool, Awsome, Right On!, Far out!....Outa Sight! Got every one of um.

Good job!

:salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:
By Your Command

gremlin
Flight Leader

Post by gremlin » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:58 pm

no problem, and i will let all know if/when i find more tidbits, crumbs and bones to through to you... :cylon: oh and big al (and anyone else too) if there is any full skale armer you are looking for , star wars, ironman, and what not, give me a shout, i just might have it or a good chance i will find it with my meny sources..., i helped a few people out in the past with armer that they cant find googleing or on forums they need to join but they dont want to or like zealot you need a minimum of posts, and have no problem helping any here if i can :grin:

oh here is another modeling site just like zealot (but i dont think you need the 11 post thing) you might be interested in...http://www.papermodelers.com/

Big Al
Command Centurion

Post by Big Al » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:58 pm

Thanks for the link I signed up but I didn't see much on BSG :huh:
By Your Command

gremlin
Flight Leader

Post by gremlin » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:04 pm

its a newer forum, give it time...lol we spread like weeds :nah:

Big Al
Command Centurion

Post by Big Al » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:30 pm

:salute: I hear ya.....I did go back and find some stuff ..it's part of my forum circle now so I'll be checking regularly.
By Your Command

hand
Spare Parts

Post by hand » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:11 pm

I love the classic cylon! I just finished the Bazooka Joe model, it took two attempts and I had to upscale it the second time because of my large head!
Any way I'm moving onto the resin stage. I already have the electronic eye circuit sorted but I won't build it just yet until the model is 100% finished.
If every thing turns out great then I might be talked into building all the armour for the full kit!

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:20 pm

hand wrote:I love the classic cylon! I just finished the Bazooka Joe model, it took two attempts and I had to upscale it the second time because of my large head!
Any way I'm moving onto the resin stage. I already have the electronic eye circuit sorted but I won't build it just yet until the model is 100% finished.
If every thing turns out great then I might be talked into building all the armour for the full kit!
Sounds good. Have any progress photos of the build, or finished product.

hand
Spare Parts

Post by hand » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:29 pm

First attempt (mostly just taped together from very light card - 160gsm)
The famous 'Pumpkin Cylon' project I found at http://www.evilmadscientist.com/article ... onOLantern
The second attempt which is all glued together with 300gsm card and upscaled to 104% using the inkscape program as I couldn't find the .pdo files from bazooka joe. 104% is a little big, I could of done it to maybe 102.5 or 103 but I'll live with it!
I used foam sheets I got in a art's supplier in Dublin for the structure parts on the inside. They're a lot neater and easier to work with than the cardboard below. The down side is the glue I was using won't stick to it well so I used hot glue as well.
Card board structure on the inside which I wasn't happy with. Also loads of tape!
The pumpkin cylon eye project next to my modified 18 LED one in my box of tricks! I made it on broadboard just to test it and it works fine but will make it so it will fit inside the helmet when everything else is finished.

If I had to start again I would defiantly use a different glue, the one I have you might be able to see in the picture was just something I had lying around the house and is really good but takes a while to set. I read using a water based contact adhesive is best so I'll keep an eye out next time I'm in the builders merchants.

Return to “Classic BSG Paper Crafting”