My first model kit arrived

Muffit II can learn to be like a real Daggit, he's very smart... Tips and tricks and info from fellow Muffy fans on how to make a replica Muffit II.
Lt Rhea
Phalanx Leader

Re: My first model kit arrived

Post by Lt Rhea » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:57 pm

Maybe it's an illusion, but it seems they stick out farther than Muffit's eye domes do...? But, if you cut it down more they probably won't fit so perfectly in the openings of the bezels. :ugh:

Edit: I just looked at the Daggit map by Cylon-Knight and it looks like part of the eye bezels have been cut off because they appear to be closer together than your temporarily glued pieces. Have a look at it: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=1352
Last edited by Lt Rhea on Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

~Lt. Rhea of the Blackstar Squadron

http://costumesandartwork.blogspot.com/

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:03 pm

I agree, Lt Rhea. They'll seem a bit bug eye'd without any trimming.
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Lt Rhea
Phalanx Leader

Post by Lt Rhea » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:05 pm

But, it's a good place to start, knowing that the catnip packaging fits into the eye openings. You can use that as a guide for finding something a bit more shallow.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:16 pm

I knew it was off, and I did it that way for two reasons. I wanted to see who if anyone would catch it and also I am not ready to cut them.
Image :cylongold: :cylongold: :cylongold:

Hand-Schaub
First Centurion

Post by Hand-Schaub » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:37 am

cool work on the eyes. I'm trying out a method for the ears this evening. I should have some pictures up soon if it works out the way I hope.

Swhite228
Centurion

Post by Swhite228 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:45 am

GoldCylon wrote:The Nu-Bee kit I have has instruction from Raumschiff-Modellbaukasten.
Did Nu-Bee buy out Raumschiff?
One thing I have noticed that looking at the eyes in the vintage photos from behind the scenes, promo images, and screen caps I see differences. I must be looking at different Daggits builds. The general pattern idea was laid out and maybe a different builder on each of the four Daggits, or the single builder just changed things up a bit. Near the hole in the eye I have noticed the surface rounded, and some flat. Some with, and some with out details more like Hero, non Hero like details.
The instructions in the kits remained the same for all runs that I know of. The Raumschiff issue is I think the original, followed by WEB, Plasticart, and NuBee. Like in the US as the companies have closed the molds were sold and the kits reissued .

On the differences in the suits...Boone Narr used to do the animal stunt show at Universal during and after the Galactica Years. He or a trainer would run the whole show and he'd talk about the amimals his familey had trained like Lucy the chimp who played Muffet on Galactica along with another chimp. Lucy was acording to him diabetic and had moments where she wouldn't work so in went the stand by chimp who was a male and larger than Lucy. According to Narrs the 2nd chimp had his own suit and a couple were made for the animal show after they added the daggit for the show.
So if the story was true then it would be possible for the differences to be the costume department looking at a hero daggit and then just making parts for the stunt suits knowing that they didn't have to match 100% as the audience would be 30+ feet away from the animal and never see the costume upclose

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:28 am

Interesting information there. Always new stuff to learn.
Now it makes me wonder about the suit a bit.
Image :cylongold: :cylongold: :cylongold:

Lt Rhea
Phalanx Leader

Post by Lt Rhea » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:12 pm

If that is the case, I think the suit that's on display in the museum is one that was made for the animal show. There are some things about it that look different from the screen used ones.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:26 pm

Here is photo of the outside dome piece that was the window for the astronaut or in the model world the removed hatch for the Daggit eyes. The top side shows a tad bit more than 2 inches, while on the inside it is 2 inches on the dime. The camera because of s dept difference couldn't show a real true measurement. This was the best I could to help find 2" half spheres for the Daggit eyes to fit into the eye socket.
Attachments
Daggit eye socket.jpg

Return to “Daggit Builders' Forum”