Unchained Woman

Frozen in a freak mishap, astronaut Captain William "Buck" Rogers is returned to Earth ... 500 YEARS LATER!
Scott
Raider Gunner

Unchained Woman

Post by Scott » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:41 am

I'm making my way through watching Season 1 of Buck Rogers again.

Watched Unchained Woman yesterday, and it's one on my favorite episodes of the whole series.

Some of my favorite moments:

I like the way this episode is opened up beyond the usual sound stage sets. Some portions are shot on location and even though the Universal back lot is used substantially it's still outside instead of indoors.

I always wanted Hugo to show up again in a sequel episode. I was shocked when looking up Walter Hunter who played Hugo and he has no other credits listed on IMDB.

HUGO: He said move!

BUCK: Move, huh Hugo?

HUGO: My names not Hugo.

Buck: It oughta be.

Jamie Lee Curtis tight fitting prison pants are pretty appealing as Gil pulls her from the clutches of the sand Squid.

Why Does Jen Burton recoil in horror when the sand squid is pulling Hugo under the ground? He's a robot, not a living being.

Wilma

Bert Rosario is at his oily best as Sergio Sanwiler. Rosario has always been a favorite of mine through 70's and 80s TV. I would love if Sword Of Justice a series he co-starred in would be released on DVD.

Wilma

You gotta love the moment when Pantera tells Gymon to get out, he's not getting paid after letting Wilma go. The camera zooms out as Daniel Ades (Gymon) slows to taking baby steps while waiting for the explosion of Buck and company blasting their way in.

Buck attempting to stop the rampaging robot with a couple of martial arts kicks after blasting him directly with a laser didn't stop him. :wtf: Gil's pretty dramatic tossing the laser pistol away before going head to head with Hugo... :grin:

Gotta love the cardboard boxes made up to look like space age containers.

When Buck and company blast Hugo with their lasers, Jamie Lee Curtis gives her pistol a recoil motion cause the animated laser to be drawn coming out of her gun straight as the others even though the barrel of the gun is point at the sky.

Wilma

Hope It Is The Grog
Squadron Leader

Re: Unchained Woman

Post by Hope It Is The Grog » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:01 am

I ought to watch through these again.

Jamie Lee Curtis... I never could get past her face, myself.
"I may move to the command chamber. I'm sure they're talking about me while I'm in here."
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sufferin ... 2291161676

Scott
Raider Gunner

Post by Scott » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:58 am

Hope It Is The Grog wrote:I ought to watch through these again.

Jamie Lee Curtis... I never could get past her face, myself.
Yes, we can compare notes. :salute:

I never found her the most attractive either, but the almost eaten by squid rump was nice. :wink:

I'm not doing these in any certain order, so next up: Vegas In Space.

Hope It Is The Grog
Squadron Leader

Post by Hope It Is The Grog » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:26 pm

Scott wrote:
I never found her the most attractive either, but the almost eaten by squid rump was nice. :wink:
Yeah, I saw Almost Eaten by Squid Rump when they opened for Toad the Wet Sprocket. :grin:
"I may move to the command chamber. I'm sure they're talking about me while I'm in here."
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sufferin ... 2291161676

Scott
Raider Gunner

Post by Scott » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:16 am

Hope It Is The Grog wrote:
Scott wrote:
Yeah, I saw Almost Eaten by Squid Rump when they opened for Toad the Wet Sprocket. :grin:
No way I can top that. :salute:

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:18 pm

I haven't seen that episode in decades. I have some fuzzy memories of that episode. Tine to watch again.
Image :cylongold: :cylongold: :cylongold:

Return to “Buck Rogers - General Discussion”