Cylon citizen mask old and new info - Hand-schaub

Who are they!? The little known Cylon Civilians - build threads and info on the Citizens of our mighty Cylon Empire can be found here.
Hand-Schaub
First Centurion

Cylon citizen mask old and new info - Hand-schaub

Post by Hand-Schaub » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:14 am

So while I'm going to chrome a bunch of cylon armor I thought I would throw into the mix some Cylon citizens. The masks seem quite easy to sculpt however I am in need of some decent visuals. I had several already including one with the gold centurion from "?Living Legend" but am unable to find it. I looked around the site a lot but I'm coming up empty as of now. I know more exist out there but I'm not finding them. Are there two or more types? Please help
Last edited by Hand-Schaub on Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hand-Schaub
First Centurion

Re: Images wanted for Cylon citizen mask (new build)

Post by Hand-Schaub » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:35 am

A few from screen caps (Galactica BBS)

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:51 pm

I don't think I have seen a close up photo of the mask before.

Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin
It’s my birthday

Post by Red Eye » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:39 pm

A pal of mine who has a complete screen-used Cylon Civilian costume sent some detailed photos of the mask and robe, but I don't know if he'd like to see them posted here, sorry...

However, I have captured the images from the sale where the costume was originally listed:

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Hope it helps and I'm REALLY looking forward to this one-of-a-kind project!
Last edited by Red Eye on Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

Hand-Schaub
First Centurion

Post by Hand-Schaub » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:02 pm

Wow - thank you thank you!

Man... that thing is HORRIBLE! I think we can ID some parts but the missing ones may be difficult to know what they are. These also looked painted versus chromed.

I wonder if I should make a "idealized" version of these... one that wouldn't look so horrible in person.

Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin
It’s my birthday

Post by Red Eye » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:25 pm

Hand-Schaub wrote:Wow - thank you thank you!

Man... that thing is HORRIBLE! I think we can ID some parts but the missing ones may be difficult to know what they are. These also looked painted versus chromed.

I wonder if I should make a "idealized" version of these... one that wouldn't look so horrible in person.
Glad you like them.

Please keep in mind that some additional transistors or whatever the've used to decorate the mask went missing over the years.

The circuit board over the "nose" area isn't fitted correctly, since there are still some glue residues visible where it was originally meant to be.

I've also digged through my files and came up with some more Civi pics:

Image Image Image Image

If you still want to start building a Civilian mask and sell it on your site, I'd be your first customer! :wink:
"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:21 pm

YES - I'd like one too.

And keep in mind the same costume was in Buck Rogers. I on the BR DVDs and I'll try to make some caps of that for you HS.
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Professor Kaos
Spare Parts

Post by Professor Kaos » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:43 pm

those are great images of the civ's Its too bad we never got to see more of life on "the cylon side" during the series.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with hand schaub

BTW that close up of the gold cylon announcing our imperious leader is probably one of my all time favorite images from the series.

Darth Voorhees
Centurion

Post by Darth Voorhees » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:30 am

wow those are horrific! LOL! Pretty cool to see it up close...i barely remember those guys.

I cant remember for the life of me, i havent seen much original BSG since i was like 8 lol....what are the "pointy headed mr roboto lookin" guys with the red eyes and glowing mouth...that would be a cool costume to build as well
Lou "Darth Voorhees"
BH/TD/TK/TB-6908
501st Legion Empire City Garrison
Garrison Member liaison

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:35 am

Darth Voorhees wrote:I cant remember for the life of me, i havent seen much original BSG since i was like 8 lol....what are the "pointy headed mr roboto lookin" guys with the red eyes and glowing mouth...that would be a cool costume to build as well
You are talking about the "I.L. Series Cylons" such as Lucifer above.
There were a few others in the series too, but Lucifer was the most reoccurring.

Read about ALL the Classic Cylon gang of baddies here.

If you build an I.L. Series Cylon - It would have to be a display unless you are a "little person." The actor that played Twiki in Buck Rogers also played Lucifer (Felix Silla - http://www.felixsilla.com).

Darth Voorhees
Centurion

Post by Darth Voorhees » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:37 pm

Cylon-Knight wrote:
Darth Voorhees wrote:I cant remember for the life of me, i havent seen much original BSG since i was like 8 lol....what are the "pointy headed mr roboto lookin" guys with the red eyes and glowing mouth...that would be a cool costume to build as well
You are talking about the "I.L. Series Cylons" such as Lucifer above.
There were a few others in the series too, but Lucifer was the most reoccurring.

Read about ALL the Classic Cylon gang of baddies here.

If you build an I.L. Series Cylon - It would have to be a display unless you are a "little person." The actor that played Twiki in Buck Rogers also played Lucifer (Felix Silla - http://www.felixsilla.com).

Yes that was it! lol..see how much i remember lol. Im loving the learning im doin lol.

Hmm..yea im not a little person...but hey there are tall jawas...how about tall I.L. series Cylons? lol
Lou "Darth Voorhees"
BH/TD/TK/TB-6908
501st Legion Empire City Garrison
Garrison Member liaison

Hand-Schaub
First Centurion

Post by Hand-Schaub » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:52 pm

Thanks again everybody for the great pics. I will be making a drawing of the mask and as a group I hope we can figure out the correct placement of items used for the mask.

Do you guys think these should be painted or chromed?

I figure for accuracy it would be painted but for "idealism" I imagine they would be chromed.

GoldCylon
Founder

Images wanted for Cylon citizen mask (new build)

Post by GoldCylon » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:43 pm

Later as the show progressed comers were cut and finding out chrome wasn't do camera friendly, and with that said I am sure if these guys were around in Saga of a Star World they would have been a gold or bronze chrome. So chrome away my friend. Chrome away v
Image :cylongold: :cylongold: :cylongold:

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:08 pm

@Hand-Schaub I looked and I found it. I have the Buck pics of the mask. Only one really good close up - I'll convert and post them for you tomorrow night - it is to LATE right now. I bet that no body can guess what the repurposed prop is doing in Buck Rogers!!!

Hand-Schaub
First Centurion

Post by Hand-Schaub » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:56 pm

Awesome

I made some plans for the vacuform tooling today. I will post them and see what you guys think tomorrow as well. Also we can all start the fun greebly ID game! I'm taking a trip to the electronic store this weekend to see what I can match up.

Return to “Civilian Builders' Forum”